This firmware provides the the following improvements and fixes:
New function: Detection of 6-bit coding for new M lenses
The 6-bit coding and the correction profiles of the new Leica M lenses LEICA SUMMILUX-M 21mm/f1.4 ASPH., LEICA SUMMILUX-M 24mm/f1.4 ASPH. and LEICA ELMAR-M 24mm/f3.8 ASPH. have been implemented. The profile of the lens LEICA NOCTILUX-M 50mm/f0.95 ASPH. will be implemented in a later firmware version before the first shipments will start.
- If LEICA M8.2 cameras are set to the "Discreet" option and to single exposures, an unintended "black image" may have occurred when the finger was not completely lifted from shutter release button before pressing it down again for the next shot. (Not valid for LEICA M8 Cameras.)
- Setting "AUTO-ISO" in combination with lens dependent setting of the slowest shutter speed: the camera will switch to the higher ISO when the shutter speed corresponding to "1/focal length" is reached (was 1/focal length + 1 f-stop).
- Correct display of image numbering.
- Correct display of the fastest sync speed in the menu (1/180s on upgraded M8 and M8.2, 1/250s on M8).
- It is not possible to "downdate" LEICA M8 and M8.2 cameras to previous firmware releases, once the version 2.002 has been installed.
- Saved User Profiles will be deleted during the update process and have to be set again after updating the camera.
The firmware update and instructions can be downloaded from the Leica Camera AG website. As always, please read the installation instructions carefully before installing the new firmware.