|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: onOne Software's Plug-In Suite 4.5 and FocalPoint 1.1 Now Available
Updates for award-winning Photoshop plug-ins include new features, improved effects and added support for Adobe Photoshop CS4, Lightroom 2 and Apple Aperture 2.1
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Feb. 23 -- onOne Software, Inc., a leading developer of time-saving software solutions for professional and advanced amateur photographers, today announced the immediate availability of Plug-in Suite 4.5 and FocalPoint 1.1. Plug-In Suite 4.5 is the latest version of onOne Software's Photoshop plug-in collection, which combines the recently announced FocalPoint 1.1, Genuine Fractals 6 Professional Edition, PhotoTools 2 Professional Edition and PhotoFrame 4 Professional Edition in addition to Mask Pro 4 and PhotoTune 2.2.
"Plug-In Suite 4.5 represents a significant upgrade for our users as four of the six products have been recently updated," said Craig Keudell, president of onOne Software. "Despite the large amount of new content, Plug-In Suite 4.5 is a free upgrade for registered Plug-In Suite 4 owners, a testament to onOne's dedication to providing value for its customers."
Plug-In Suite 4.5 includes full versions of the following onOne Software products:
• New: Genuine Fractals 6 Professional Edition can resize digital images over 1000 percent with no loss of detail or sharpness. Genuine Fractals 6 now includes texture control presets, a gallery wrap feature, batch processing, tiling for small format printers and support for Lightroom 2 and Aperture 2.1.
• New: PhotoTools 2 Professional Edition features professional-grade photographic effects created by onOne Software, Kevin Kubota and Jack Davis. These effects may be previewed, stacked and blended together just like filters over a camera lens while the built-in batch processing engine improves productivity. PhotoTools 2 includes a new effects library, many new effects, the ability to paint effects in or out, video support within Photoshop CS3/CS4 Extended and support for Lightroom 2 and Aperture 2.1.
• New: PhotoFrame 4 Professional Edition contains 1000+ realistic film edges, backgrounds, textures, adornments and even complete layouts making it the fastest way to create flush-mount albums, scrapbooks and edge effects. PhotoFrame 4 now includes a new frame library, new design elements, output options and integration with Lightroom 2 and Aperture 2.1.
• New: FocalPoint 1.1 simulates selective focus or tilt-shift lenses, helping photographers blur and/or vignette an image to focus a viewer's attention. Support for Lightroom 2 and Aperture 2.1 has been added to the new FocalPoint 1.1.
• Mask Pro 4.1 creates high-quality masks and selections even from tough subjects like hair and glass, making it easy to place a subject in a new background.
• PhotoTune 2.2 provides professional quality color correction in an easy-to-use interface. PhotoTune 2.2 includes ColorTune for general color correction and SkinTune for color correcting skin tones accurately.
Availability and Pricing
Plug-In Suite 4.5 is now available to new users for $499.95, a savings of $799.75 compared to purchasing the products separately. Registered users of Plug-in Suite version 4 will automatically receive a free upgrade to version 4.5 via a downloadable software update. Existing users of Plug-in Suite version 1, 2 or 3 can upgrade to Plug-In Suite 4.5 for only $199.95. Registered owners of any other product from onOne Software can upgrade for $399.95. For more information on the Plug-In Suite 4.5, visit http://www.ononesoftware.com.
(First posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 15:02 EST)