PRESS RELEASE: Pix Remix for the iPhone transforms your photos into shareable shows.
Jump Associates, one of the Wall Street Journal’s Top Small Workplaces for 2008, has teamed up with Originate Labs, the makers of PanoLab and SnapSpot, to create Pix Remix.
There are plenty of apps for manipulating a single image or posting a bunch of photos. And you can spend hours in current programs making the perfect movie or multimedia extravaganza out of your photos. What Pix Remix does is help you quickly curate your photos and turn them into a multi-faceted show – one that’s fun to create, and receive.
In creating these shareable shows, Pix Remix takes advantage of the gestural interactions that make the iPhone so compelling. You are able to do things like:
- Shake to rearrange a collage, and
- Swipe to create a path to follow in panning across a picture.
We hope this beats using a mouse and toolbars.
- Choose a few photos and a starter template. Select from traditional slideshow, animated collage, or our powerful Pan and Zoom templates.
- Use intuitive gestures to alter your show the way you want. Pinch, drag, and tap to create a collage, and shake to rearrange it. Touch and swipe to create a show that automatically zooms in and pans across specific parts of a photo.
- Add some captions to set the stage.
- Share it the way you want, directly from the app, using Email, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Recipients can view the show on the web or in the app.
There’s no end to the things you can do with Pix Remix. Here’s just one example:
You snap a few photos while on a hike. On the ride home, you arrange them into a quick collage, add captions around a few photos, and post it to Facebook. A friend who wasn’t on the hike sees these creations and comments about how she wished she could’ve been there… but at least got a sense of how beautiful it was from these shared shows!
Founded in 1998, Jump Associates is a growth strategy firm that helps companies create new businesses, reinvent existing categories and lay the groundwork for long-term success. Using a hybrid approach integrating empathy, creativity, and strategy, Jump has helped some of the world’s most admired companies, including Target, GE, Nike and Procter & Gamble to drive organic growth, dramatically increase customer devotion, and create cultures of innovation.
Originate Labs is a venture resource and elite software development firm that invests entrepreneurial engineering talent in high-potential, innovative ideas and teams. Originate invests architecture and development teams, processes, expertise, and experience in both internally generated ideas, as well as opportunities presented by select partners. This model allows its employees to play a hands-on roll in investments, such that each receives equity in the projects to which they contribute.
(First posted on Thursday, July 9, 2009 at 15:39 EDT)