Major new version of Qimage Pro (v12.0) released!|
(Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 18:11 EST)
Major update to popular imaging 'toolbox' Qimage Pro released!
Our good friend Mike Chaney has been in touch this afternoon with news of the release of a major update to his image viewing/editing/printing program, Qimage Pro... The latest version, Qimage Pro v12.0, has a *lot* of changes, the largest of them all being a completely new interface. At the same time, the Qimage Pro website has been given quite a facelift, too!
Note also that Mike is planning to increase the price as of March 15th, from $30 to $35. If you're planning to buy QImage Pro (we use it ourselves all the time, and highly recommend you give it a whirl), then download it now and buy it before the price goes up... ;)
According to Mike, Qimage Pro v12.0 has the following changes:
Qimage Pro website
- Redesigned interface: Qimage Pro v12.0 has a totally redesigned user interface that makes viewing, printing and arranging images even easier than before. Although Qimage Pro 'veterans' may need an hour or two to familiarize themselves with the new user interface, version 12.0 offers ease of use and flexibility never before possible. From quick access tool buttons to new and improved features, you've got to try it for yourself to appreciate it!
- New functionality: Version 12.0 boasts a brand new way to create and modify your printouts. Resizing, rotation, fitting and more can be accessed via a right click on the preview page after selecting one or more prints by simply clicking on the prints on the page(s). Sizes of selected prints can be changed and even the fitting method (cropping to specific size versus fitting entire images in a frame) can now be changed on a print-by-print basis! Version 12.0 even remembers the size you selected for your prints initially so you can toggle that crop on and off and recover your initial size selection even after the crop method has been selected. There are so many new features that we can't list them all here, such as ability to 'spawn' your favorite photo editor to edit selected thumbnails, an option to spool one printed page at a time to reduce hard drive spool space, and even a new print progress meter that shows the progress of each print as it is being spooled.
- Improved Lanczos interpolation for prints: We wouldn't just give you new features without improving print quality! We have improved the Lanczos interpolation method so that there are no artifacts, and have therefore switched the default print interpolation method to Lanczos. Using the Lanczos method and a print interpolation setting of Max, Qimage Pro will produce prints directly from your originals that are comparable to those produced by fractal resampling programs, all by simply dragging your originals to the printed page!
- New color management engine: We have upgraded the color management engine in Qimage Pro. As a result, you may notice a slight improvement in color accuracy when dealing with ICC profiles.
- Updated help: We have updated the program help and provide a new section on 'Getting Familiar with Qimage Pro' where you can get a quick look at how the new interface works.
- MUCH MORE: The above are just some highlights from this major release of Qimage Pro. Download your demo today and check it out. We have extended the evaluation period from 14 to 30 days since we believe that the extra time is needed to explore all of the amazing possibilities of the software.
- Price increase?: Not yet, but on March 15, the price of Qimage Pro will increase from $30 to $35. Due to increased development efforts which ensure that Qimage Pro will always bring you the best in digital image printing, and to ensure the same level of technical support in the future with our rapidly expanding user base, we have decided to increase the price of Qimage Pro software from $30 to $35. We will still offer full lifetime upgrades to the software for customers purchasing Qimage Pro either before or after the price increase.