Qimage Pro - .NEF processing performance boost!|
(Sunday, April 8, 2001 - 19:40 EDT)
Latest version of popular image printing/editing app promises increased resolution for Nikon D1 users...
Mike Chaney, author of Qimage Pro, has been in touch this weekend with news of a new version of the program. Qimage Pro 2001 v1.3 has a number of changes, the most significant of which is a complete rewrite of the processing algorithms for .NEF raw files from Nikon's D1 digital SLR:
D1 raw/NEF Upgrade:
Minor Enhancements and Fixes:
- Interpolation at its best: Take your D1 NEF images to new extremes by resolving an unparalleled 1450+ lines of resolution both horizontally and vertically! That's significantly higher resolving power than even the Fuji S1 Pro. Qimage Pro 2001 v1.3 uses an innovative gradient controlled Lanczos interpolation to interpolate the raw CCD data to bring you an unprecendented level of resolving power. We didn't stop at mere resolving power, however, as the new interpolation algorithm also incorporates a vector-seeking moire reduction to ensure that you get all that resolving power without any troublesome checkerboard patterns. (Comparisons showing Bibble v2.5, Qimage Pro 2001 v1.3 and Nikon Capture v1.13 are on the Qimage website.)
- More accurate color: Along with a complete rebuild of the NEF decoder, we have rebuilt the color matching for the NEF decoder as well. Qimage Pro 2001 v1.3 will give you more accurate color with better contrast. Previous versions were a bit light in shadow areas which may be great for detail, but decreases contrast. You will find that v1.3 has a better overall balance when decoding your D1 NEF's.
A trial version of Qimage Pro 2001 can be downloaded from the Qimage Pro website. The trial will work for 30 days, and a license costs $35...
Qimage Pro website
- Undo button: Since adding the 'Edit' and 'Undo' functions in the batch filter, we have gotten requests to include a small undo button at the bottom of the filter parameters on the batch filter screen. You will find this button in v1.3.
- Filtering panoramas: Fixed a bug that was causing very wide panoramas to 'disappear' in the batch filter.
- Thumbnail scroll position: Enhanced the thumbnail scrolling so that the scroll position is maintained more accurately.
- Rename error message: Eliminated the additional (second) error message that appeared when trying to rename a file to a name that already exists.