Qimage Pro 2001 v2.0 released!|
(Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 16:33 EDT)
Qimage Pro 2001's latest release improves NEF/ORF decoding, adds D1X support, and more...
We just received an email from Mike Chaney, author of the popular (and highly recommended!) imaging utility Qimage Pro 2001 with news of a new release of the program. Qimage Pro 2001 v2.0 has the following new features and bug-fixes:
Qimage Pro costs $35, and a 30-day time limited trial version can be downloaded free of charge. The color profiles and plugins can be purchased for $12.99 each.
Qimage Pro website
- New NEF/ORF decoder: Version 2.0 offers Qimage Pro's fastest, most accurate raw image decoder to date, and adds support for (uncompressed) Nikon D1x NEF images. Here is a comprehensive list of enhancements to NEF/ORF support in Qimage Pro 2001 v2.0:
- Qimage Pro's NEF/ORF interpolation has been enhanced to produce slightly sharper results.
- NEF/ORF images will decode approximately 30% faster than v1.62.
- The ORF ICC profile has been updated; v2.0 increases color accuracy.
- v2.0 will now decode Nikon D1x NEF images (uncompressed). D1x NEF images are decoded at 4020 x 2638 (10.6 MP) to preserve maximum image detail.
- Image Lock: The 'Image Lock' feature now locks all images in an upright position on the printed page, ensuring no auto-rotation will be performed when the image lock is on.
- Crop/rotate: Fixed a bug that was causing strange results when cropping an image after applying a rotation.
- Crop and slide show: Fixed a problem that was causing a dimmed black and white area to show during a slide show if the image being viewed had an associative crop.