Nikon L18 Review
|Full model name:||Nikon Coolpix L18|
|Sensor size:||1/2.5 inch
(5.8mm x 4.3mm)
|Extended ISO:||64 - 1600|
3.7 x 2.4 x 1.2 in.
(95 x 61 x 30 mm)
|Weight:||4.4 oz (125 g)|
|Full specs:||Nikon L18 specifications|
Nikon L18 Intro
The Nikon Coolpix L18 is compact and easy-to-use, an ideal digicam for those looking to capture lifeís memories at an affordable price.
Nikon L18 Features
The Nikon Coolpix L18 is an eight megapixel camera with 3x optical zoom lens, and 3.0" LCD display. The Coolpix L18 draws power from two AA batteries (with alkalines in the product bundle), and stores images on SD memory cards or 21MB of built-in memory.
Additional Nikon L18 features and details (adapted from the press release):
The L18 has 8 effective megapixels for generating superior quality prints, a 3x Zoom-NIKKOR lens for creative compositional freedom, Anti-Shake AE for photos with outstanding clarity, and an incredibly bright 3.0-inch LCD screen for sharing images.Adding to the L18ís ease-of-use, the camera is equipped with an Easy Auto Mode, allowing the user to enjoy carefree shooting without having to adjust any settings or controls. Just press the button and let the camera do the work.
- 8.0 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches.
- The L18's 3x Optical Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens gets you close to the action.
- Anti-Shake Mode minimizes the effect of camera shake.
- Huge, Bright High Resolution 3.0-inch LCD makes it easy to view and share L18 pictures.
- The Nikon L18 adjusts up to ISO 1600 to keep shooting even in lower light.
- Nikon L18 In-Camera Innovations: In-Camera Red-Eye Fix™--automatically fixes most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red-eye again! Face-Priority AF--Nikon's face-finding technology that automatically focuses on faces. D-Lighting--rescues dark or backlit images by improving brightness and detail where needed.
Nikon L18 Pricing and Availability
Priced at US$140, the Nikon L18 goes on sale from March 2008. The Coolpix L18 will be offered in Navy and Ruby Red.