Nikon P60 Review
|Full model name:||Nikon Coolpix P60|
|Viewfinder:||EVF / LCD|
|Dimensions:||3.8 x 2.5 x 1.4 in.
(96 x 64 x 36 mm)
|Weight:||5.6 oz (160 g)|
|Full specs:||Nikon P60 specifications|
Nikon P60 Intro
The Nikon Coolpix P60 is designed for the enthusiast looking for a compact digicam with manual control, and advanced Nikon features such as an optically-stabilized 5x VR zoom lens, Face-Priority AF and D-Lighting.
Nikon P60 Features
The Nikon Coolpix P60 has an 8.1 megapixel imager, 5x optically stabilized zoom lens, 2.5" LCD display, AA batteries for power, and SD slot plus a not-very-generous 12MB of built-in memory.
Additional Nikon P60 features and details (adapted from the press release):
The 8.1 effective megapixel P60 delivers powerful resolution and a 5x Zoom-NIKKOR glass lens with Vibration Reduction (VR) Image Stabilization for stunningly sharp images. A first in the Coolpix line, the P60 offers an electronic viewfinder for consumers who like to compose a photo with the camera close to their eye.
The Coolpix P60 comes with a functional body design and a defined hand grip for secure finger placement and easy operation. The camera’s mode dial includes two exposure modes - Programmed Auto and Manual - to offer consumers creative control over the pictures they take. To ensure sharp and steady images when utilizing the camera’s 5x zoom, the P60 boasts sophisticated Vibration Reduction (VR) Image Stabilization technology, which helps overcome the effects of camera shake. The P60 also sports an extended light sensitivity range up to ISO 2000, which helps capture stunning pictures in low light settings.
- 5x Optical Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens--quality optics provide exceptional pictures throughout the versatile zoom range.
- 8.1 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches.
- The Nikon Coolpix P60's incredible, bright 2.7-inch High Resolution LCD and Optical Viewfinder make it easy to compose and share your pictures with friends and family.
- The Nikon Coolpix P60 has an electronic viewfinder for precise viewing in any type of lighting conditions.
- The Coolpix P60 offers Program and Manual Exposure Modes to give you personal control over camera operation.
- The P60 auto adjusts up to ISO 2000 to keep shooting, even in lower light.
- Nikon P60 In-Camera Innovations: In-Camera Red-Eye Fix™--automatically fixes most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red-eye again! Face-Priority AF--Nikon's face-finding technology that automatically focuses on faces. D-Lighting--rescues dark or backlit images by improving brightness and detail where needed.
Nikon P60 Pricing and Availability
Priced at US$230, the Nikon Coolpix P60 goes on sale from March 2008.
|Print this Page|