Nikon S550 Review
|Full model name:||Nikon Coolpix S550|
|Sensor size:||1/2.3 inch|
|Dimensions:||3.5 x 2.1 x 0.9 in.
(90 x 54 x 22 mm)
|Weight:||4.2 oz (120 g)|
|Full specs:||Nikon S550 specifications|
Nikon S550 Intro
The Nikon Coolpix S-series are slim, stylish digicams that come complete with the latest Nikon technology such as Face-Priority AF, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix and D-Lighting.
Nikon S550 Features
The Nikon Coolpix S550 has a 10 megapixel imager, 5x optical zoom lens and a 2.5" LCD display. While not optically stabilized like the S600, the S550 offers less effective "Electronic VR Image Stabilization". The S550 derives its power from a custom Li-ion battery, and images are stored on SD cards plus 50MB of built-in memory.
Additional Nikon S550 features and details (adapted from the press release):
The Coolpix S550 elegantly packs high performance and advanced functions into an ultra-compact body. The S550 boasts 10 effective megapixels of sharp resolution, a 5x Zoom-NIKKOR lens, and Electronic Vibration Reduction (VR) Image Stabilization and two new modes that enhance portrait photography: Smile Mode, which automatically triggers the shutter when the subject smiles, as well as Blink Warning, which displays a warning message when the subject has blinked.
The Coolpix S550 will be available in an array of new colors - plum, cool blue and graphite black - allowing consumers to not only express themselves with their photos, but with their cameras as well.
- 10.0 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches.
- 5x Optical Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens.
- The Nikon S550ís Electronic VR Image Stabilization minimizes the effect of camera shake.
- The S550ís incredible, bright 2.5-inch wide angle of view high resolution LCD makes it easy to compose and share your pictures.
- The Nikon S550 auto adjusts up to ISO 2000 to keep shooting, even in low light.
- Nikon S550 In-Camera Innovations: In-Camera Red-Eye Fix™--automatically fixes most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red-eye again! Face-Priority AF--Nikon's face-finding technology that automatically focuses on faces. D-Lighting--rescues dark or backlit images by improving brightness and detail where needed.
- The Coolpix S550's all new, stylish, all-metal design slips right into your shirt pocket or purse!
Nikon S550 Pricing and Availability
Priced at US$230, the Nikon Coolpix S550 goes on sale from March 2008.
|Print this Page|