Fuji FinePix 1400A sleek design, great 1.3 megapixel picture quality, a 3x zoom lens, and a great price!
(Next): Executive Overview>>
Page 1:Intro and HighlightsReview First Posted: 6/6/2000
||1.3 megapixel CCD, producing 1280x960 pixel images|
||True 3x optical zoom lens with autofocus|
||Good picture control, with white balance and exposure compensation settings|
||USB computer connection for fast image downloads|
EZ Print Link
Readers have requested free-formatted versions of our reviews (without the graphical accouterments of our page design), to make printing easier. We are accommodating this request with special copies of each review, formatted to allow the text flow to be dictated by the browser window. Click here for a print-optimized page.
Fuji has been producing digicams for several years now, cranking out a wide range of models for both themselves and other companies (Toshiba and Leica). Their product mix has evolved in two directions, with one series that closely resembles conventional point & shoots, plus a compact line that are highly "pocketable", with a small (tiny?) form factor, and retracting lens covers to instill confidence at just dropping them into your pocket. While they're pushing the boundaries of the pro/prosumer space with their high-end S1 Pro digital SLR camera, at the low end, they've established a tradition of offering exceptional value for the money.
Continuing their bang-for-the-buck tradition at the low end, they've just recently introduced their new FinePix 1400 Zoom model, with traditional point & shoot camera styling, a true 3x optical zoom lens (with autofocus), and excellent 1.3 megapixel image quality. At an introductory list price of only $399 and street prices in the low $300s, the 1400 Zoom was a good hundred dollars less than its nearest competitor when it was rolled out to the public in late May of 2000. With its combination of style, features, and price, we predict the 1400 Zoom will find many a happy home!
- 1.3 megapixel CCD delivering up to 1280 x 960 resolution images.
- 1.6 inch, 55,000 pixel LCD monitor.
- 3x, 6 to 18mm lens (equivalent to a 38 to 114mm lens on a 35mm camera).
- 2x digital telephoto.
- Built-in flash with Auto, Red-Eye Reduction, Forced, Suppressed and Slow Synchro modes.
- Adjustable white balance setting with Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Daylight Fluorescent, Warm White Fluorescent, Cool White Fluorescent and Incandescent settings.
- Exposure Compensation adjustable from -0.9 to +1.5 EV in 1/3 EV increments.
- 10 second self-timer.
- Automatically controlled shutter speeds from 1/2 to 1/750 seconds.
- Sensitivity equivalent to ISO 125.
- Image capture on SmartMedia as Exif Ver.2.1 JPEG files.
- USB interface and cable for connecting to a Mac or PC.
- Compatible with Digital Print Order Format (DPOF) specifications.
Reader Comments! --> Visit our discussion forum for the Fuji FinePix 1400!