Fuji FinePix 2600 Zoom2 megapixels, a 3x zoom lens, great pictures, and a bargain price: A great "value leader" from Fuji!
(Next): Executive Overview>>
Page 1:Intro and HighlightsReview First Posted: 11/08/2001
||2 megapixel CCD for 1,600 x 1,200 pixel images|
||3x, 38-114mm equivalent optical zoom lens|
||Movie mode (without sound)|
||Rechargeable batteries & charger included with the camera|
EZ Print Link
Readers have requested free-formatted versions of our reviews (without the graphical accouterments of our page design), to make printing easier. We are accommodating this request with special copies of each review, formatted to allow the text flow to be dictated by the browser window. Click here for a print-optimized page.
Fujifilm produces a wide range of digicam models from bare-bones entry-level models up to and including a high-end digital SLR. To my mind though, where they've really had their greatest success has been in creating good-quality midrange cameras that sell at very competitive prices. The latest case in point is their FinePix 2600 Zoom, which sports a 2 megapixel CCD, a 3x optical zoom lens, and a quick USB computer connection, all for only $299 retail at its introduction. (This review was written in late October, 2001.) This is a great bargain, for a camera with a nice complement of features and very good photo quality. In fact, I think it's one of the better bargains in the digicam market today.
- 2-megapixel CCD delivering image resolutions as large as 1,600 x 1,200 pixels.
- 1.8-inch LCD monitor.
- Real image optical viewfinder.
- 3x, 6-18mm lens (equivalent to a 38-114mm zoom on a 35mm camera).
- Digital enlargement to 2.5x, depending on image resolution size.
- Full automatic exposure control.
- Shutter speeds range from 1/1,000 to 1/2-second.
- Apertures range from f/3.5 to f/8.7.
- Adjustable white balance with seven settings.
- Sensitivity equivalent to ISO 100.
- Built-in flash with five modes.
- 10-second self-timer.
- Movie mode (without sound).
- Images saved in JPEG format to SmartMedia card (16-megabyte card included).
- Power from two AA batteries or AC adapter (separate accessory).
- USB cable for high speed connection to a computer.
- Interface software compatible with both PC and Mac platforms.
- Compatible with DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) devices.
Reader Comments! --> Visit our discussion forum for the Fuji FinePix 2600 Zoom!
1 $300 Adorama Gift Certificate
2 $200 Adorama Gift Certificate
3 $100 Adorama Gift Certificate