Fuji FinePix 2800 ZoomTwo megapixels, a 6x zoom lens, great pictures, and a bargain price: Another great "value leader" from Fuji!
(Next): Executive Overview>>
Page 1:Intro and HighlightsReview First Posted: 02/06/2002
||2-megapixel CCD for 1,600 x 1,200 pixel images|
||6x, 38-228mm equivalent optical zoom lens|
||Movie mode (with sound)|
||Continuous Shooting mode for capturing fast action.|
EZ Print Link
Readers have requested free-formatted versions of our reviews (without the graphical accouterments of our page design), to make printing easier. We are accommodating this request with special copies of each review, formatted to allow the text flow to be dictated by the browser window. Click here for a print-optimized page.
Fujifilm produces a wide range of digicam models from bare-bones entry-level models up to and including a high-end digital SLR. To my mind though, where they've really had their greatest success has been in creating good-quality midrange cameras that sell at very competitive prices. Their FinePix 2600 Zoom was arguably the best buy in the entire digicam market in the 2001 Christmas season, offering great pictures, a full set of features, and even a bundled set of batteries and charger for an exceptional price. Building on the same core electronics as the 2600, the FinePix 2800 Zoom has the same 2 megapixel CCD, but adds a 6x zoom lens to really reach out for distant subjects. At only $399, the 2800 Zoom is the best deal currently on the market (this review was written in late January, 2002) for a camera with that long a zoom ratio. This is a great bargain, for a camera with a nice complement of features and very good photo quality. Just like the the 2600 before it, the FinePix 2800 zoom offers excellent value for the money.
- 2.1-megapixel CCD delivering image resolutions as large as 1,600 x 1,200 pixels.
- 6x, 6-36mm lens (equivalent to a 38-228mm zoom on a 35mm camera).
- Digital enlargement to 2.5x, depending on image resolution size.
- 1.8-inch LCD monitor.
- Electronic optical viewfinder.
- Full automatic exposure control.
- Shutter speeds range from 1/1,500 to 1/2-second.
- Apertures range from f/2.8 to f/8.2.
- Adjustable white balance with seven settings.
- Sensitivity equivalent to ISO 100.
- Built-in flash with five modes.
- 10-second self-timer.
- Movie mode (with sound) and Voice Captioning function.
- Continuous Shooting mode.
- Images saved in JPEG format to SmartMedia card (16-megabyte card included).
- Power from four AA batteries or AC adapter (separate accessory).
- USB cable for high speed connection to a computer.
- Interface software compatible with both PC and Mac platforms.
- Compatible with DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) devices.
Reader Comments! --> Visit our discussion forum for the Fuji FinePix 2800 Zoom!