Fujifilm FinePix 4800 ZoomFuji updates their SuperCCD pocket camera with improved color and a hot-sync cradle!
(Next): Executive Overview>>
Page 1:Intro and HighlightsReview First Posted: 08/16/2001
||2.4-megapixel Super CCD sensor delivers up to 4.3 million pixel images|
||3x optical zoom lens|
||Creative Multi Exposure layering mode|
||USB Hot-sync docking cradle|
||Audio recording and videoconferencing capabilities|
EZ Print Link
Readers have requested free-formatted versions of our reviews (without the graphical accouterments of our page design), to make printing easier. We are accommodating this request with special copies of each review, formatted to allow the text flow to be dictated by the browser window. Click here for a print-optimized page.
Fuji Photo Film U.S.A. has made a strong showing in the high-end consumer and prosumer digital photography markets this year (2001), with several new Super CCD cameras designed for the serious digital photographer. Among them are the FinePix 4800, 6800, and 6900 Zoom models. The FinePix 6900 Zoom is designed with the traditional photographer in mind -- looking very much like a "high-tech" SLR film camera, with a 3.3-megapixel Super CCD that generates up to six million pixels, a sharp 6x optical zoom lens, extensive manual and automatic controls, plus some highly advanced features found only on professional quality digital cameras. The other two models -- introduced as the FinePix "Twins" -- are designed more for "point & shoot" users, sporting very compact, stylized bodies, with USB Hot-sync docking cradles, sound recording, and PC-Cam video conferencing capabilities. The FinePix 4800 Zoom is one of the two consumer models designed by sports car legend F.A.Porsche. It features a 2.4 megapixel Super CCD, which is capable of interpolating files up to 4.3-million pixels (2,400 x 1,800 pixels), and a 3x optical zoom lens that provides good framing flexibility and sharply focused images. All of Fuji's latest cameras show really excellent color, thanks to some tweaks applied to the last generation's color management routines.
- 2.4-million pixel Super CCD delivering up to 4.3-megapixel files (2,400 x 1,800 pixels).
- Real-image, optical zoom viewfinder and two-inch, LCD color monitor.
- 3x, 8.3-24.9mm zoom lens (equivalent to a 36-108mm lens on a 35mm camera).
- 1.5 to 3.75x digital zoom.
- Automatic and Manual focus control.
- Lens apertures from f/2.8-f/10.8.
- Shutter speeds from 1/2,000 to 3 seconds.
- Automatic exposure control, plus four Scene photography modes.
- Adjustable ISO with 125, 200, and 400 sensitivity equivalents.
- Spot, Average, and Multi metering options.
- White balance setting with seven operating modes.
- Continuous Shooting, Multiple Exposure, and Auto Bracketing features.
- Built-in, pop-up flash with five modes.
- Movies w / Sound and Voice Captioning modes.
- Images saved as JPEG files to SmartMedia memory card.
- NTSC A / V cable for connecting to a television set.
- USB cable, docking cradle, and software CD containing drivers, interface software, ArcSoft VideoImpression, Adobe PhotoDeluxe, and Adobe ActiveShare.
- Digital Print Order Format (DPOF) compatibility.
- Power from NP-80 rechargeable battery or AC adapter (included).
Reader Comments! --> Visit our discussion forum for the Fujifilm FinePix 4800 Zoom!
1 $300 Adorama Gift Certificate
2 $200 Adorama Gift Certificate
3 $100 Adorama Gift Certificate