Fuji FinePix 6900 ZoomFuji updates their uniquely-styled "electronic SLR" with a 3.3 megapixel SuperCCD chip and improved color!
(Next): Executive Overview>>
Page 1:Intro and HighlightsReview First Posted: 7/19/2001
||3.3-megapixel Super CCD sensor delivers up to 6 million pixels
||6x optical zoom lens
||Extensive exposure control
||Internal and external flash support
EZ Print Link
Readers have requested free-formatted versions of our reviews (without the graphical accouterments of our page design), to make printing easier. We are accommodating this request with special copies of each review, formatted to allow the text flow to be dictated by the browser window. Click here for a print-optimized page.
Fuji Photo Film U.S.A. has made a strong showing in the high-end consumer and prosumer digital photography markets this year (2001), with several new Super CCD cameras designed for the serious digital photographer. Among them are the FinePix 4800, 6800, and 6900 Zoom models. The first two models are designed primarily for business and computer users, sporting very compact, pocket-size bodies, with USB Hot-sync docking cradles, text and sound recording, and PC-Cam video conferencing capabilities. The subject of this review, the FinePix 6900 Zoom, is designed more with the traditional photographer in mind. Looking very much like a "high-tech" SLR film camera, it features a 3.3-megapixel Super CCD (that generates up to six million pixels), a sharp 6x optical zoom lens, extensive manual and automatic controls, plus some highly advanced features found only on professional quality digital cameras, including a histogram readout of each recorded image that can be viewed right on the camera's LCD monitor. Combining these advanced features with a very user-friendly interface, the FinePix 6900 should appeal to users who are familiar with digital camera operation and are ready to take the next step toward high-end digital photography. Overall a very strong entry for Fujifilm at the high end of the "prosumer" digicam market.
- 3.3-megapixel CCD delivering up to 2,832 x 2,128-pixel resolution images.
- 6x, 7.8-46.8 mm lens (equivalent to a 35-210 mm lens on a 35mm camera).
- Up to 4.4x digital telephoto.
- Two-inch, low-temperature, polysilicon TFT LCD monitor with 130,000 pixels.
- Automatic, Scene, Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, and Manual exposure modes.
- Apertures adjustable from f/2.8 to f/11.0.
- Shutter speeds from 1/2,000 to 3 seconds.
- Manually adjustable white balance with eight operating modes.
- Adjustable ISO with 100, 200, 400 sensitivity equivalents.
- Built-in, pop-up flash with five modes.
- Conventional hot shoe for use with external strobe units.
- Continuous shooting with intervals as short as 0.2 second.
- 320 x 240-pixel resolution movies.
- Auto-bracketing feature.
- JPEG and uncompressed TIFF file formats, with images saved on SmartMedia memory cards.
- NTSC video cable included for viewing images on a television set.
- USB cable included for fast connection to a computer, and software package for downloading and correcting images.
- Power supplied by NP-80 rechargeable battery or AC adapter/battery charger.
Reader Comments! --> Visit our discussion forum for the Fuji FinePix 6900 Zoom!
Top 3 photos this month win:
1 Canon PIXMA PRO-100
2 Canon PIXMA MG6320
3 Canon PIXMA MG5420