Fujifilm J50 Review
|Full model name:||Fujifilm FinePix J50|
|Sensor size:||1/2.5 inch|
|Dimensions:||3.8 x 2.2 x 0.9 in.
(96 x 55 x 23 mm)
|Weight:||5.0 oz (141 g)|
|Full specs:||Fujifilm J50 specifications|
Fuji J50 Intro
Fujifilm has launched a new FinePix J-series with two initial models, the J10 and the J50. For about $30 more than the base model, the J50 comes with a longer zoom and larger LCD.
Fuji J50 Features
The Fuji J50 features an eight megapixel CCD imager coupled to a Fujinon-branded 5x optical zoom lens. A 2.7" LCD display caters for image framing and reviewing, and there's a not-at-all generous 8MB of built-in memory plus SD / xD-Picture Card combo storage slot. Power for the FinePix J50 comes from a proprietary Lithium-ion battery.
Additional Fuji J50 features and details (adapted from the press release):
- Both models use Fujifilm’s Picture Stabilization Technology to reduce blurry images that can be caused by camera shake or subject movement especially in low light settings. Automatically choosing the correct light sensitivity and best-matching shutter speed, the FinePix J10 and J50 help to freeze the action and produce the highest-quality digital pictures without the blur and noise often associated with low-light photographs.
- Scene modes: Pre-programmed scene modes provides top-quality photos in a wide-range of shooting conditions. Both models have 15 scene modes.
- Movie Mode: J10 captures VGA and QVGA quality movie clips and J50 captures QVGA quality, both at 30 frames per second with sound. Great for when you don’t have your video camera on hand.
- xD / SD / SD-HC Compatible slot: The FinePix J10 and J50 feature an “xD/SD Compatible slot” which accepts not only Fujifilm’s traditional xD-Picture Cards but also Secure Digital (SD) and SD-High Capacity/SD-HC cards too.
- Battery Life: The J10 and J50 use a long-life rechargeable Li-ion battery for extended shot life.
Fuji J50 Pricing and Availability
The Fuji J50 ships from March 2008, priced at about US$180.
|Print this Page|