Fujifilm S1000fd Review
|Full model name:||Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd|
|Sensor size:||1/2.3 inch|
|Viewfinder:||EVF / LCD|
|Dimensions:||4.0 x 2.9 x 2.7 in.
(102 x 73 x 68 mm)
|Weight:||11.5 oz (325 g)|
|Full specs:||Fujifilm S1000fd specifications|
Fuji S1000fd Intro
The Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd is the successor to the popular FinePix S700, and the company says it's the world's smallest ten megapixel, 12x optical zoom digital camera.
Fuji S1000fd Features
The S1000fd's resolution comes courtesy of a 1/2.3" CCD sensor, while the lens is Fujinon-branded and offers a 35mm-equivalent focal range from 33 - 396mm - a not very generous wide angle to a fairly useful telephoto. Sadly given the strength of the zoom lens, there's no mechanical image stabilization, with the FinePix S1000fd offering only the ability to boost sensitivity to (hopefully) gain a high enough shutter speed to prevent blur at the expense of image noise.
Additional Fuji S1000fd features and details (adapted from the press release):
- Face Detection with Automatic Red Eye Removal. The S1000's Face Detection operates by identifying and prioritizing up to 6 faces in a framed scene, and then adjusting the focus and exposure accordingly to ensure the sharpness and clarity of human subjects in the picture, regardless of background. After a shot is captured each detected face is instantly checked for red eye; if it is found, it is corrected automatically, saving the time-consuming process of fixing it later.
- Panorama Shooting Mode. For catching beautiful scenery or very large groups, the Fuji S1000fd's new Panorama Shooting mode makes it easy to create impressive panoramic photos. This mode captures and combines a maximum of three consecutive shots at 3 MegaPixel resolution each, which are saved to the memory card as a panoramic picture.
- The FinePix S1000fd features a large 2.7” high-resolution (230k pixel) LCD plus electronic viewfinder (EVF) and ISO levels of up to ISO 1600 at full resolution and ISO 3200 at 3 MegaPixel resolution.
- Picture Stabilization mode. A selectable mode, Picture Stabilization uses the heightened sensitivity of the FinePix S1000fd and high-speed shutter settings to reduce blur caused by hand-shake or subject movement. It allows the camera to automatically choose the correct light sensitivity and optimal shutter speed to produce clear, blur-free images.
- Full Manual Photographic Control: Photo enthusiasts and advanced photographers have total control with manual adjustment options for various Fuji S1000fd settings including resolution, ISO, aperture, shutter speed and more.
- High Speed Shooting: Capture the action with the Fuji S1000fd's High Speed Shooting mode: 7.5 fps @ 2MP for 15 shots; 3.3 fps @ 5MP for 6 shots; and 1.4 fps @ 10MP for 3 shots.
- Movie Recording: The Fuji S1000fd offers VGA quality movies at 30 frames per second with sound.
- 14 Pre-programmed Scene Modes: The FinePix S1000fd features 14 pre-programmed scene modes that offer a one-touch setting for almost any situation, including: Portrait, Landscape, Sport, Night, Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Museum, Party, Flower, Text.
- xD / SD / SD-HC Compatible slot: The FinePix S1000fd features an “xD/SD Compatible slot” which accepts not only Fujifilm’s traditional xD-Picture Cards but also Secure Digital (SD) and SD-High Capacity/SD-HC cards too.
- Operates on 4xAA Batteries: The ultimate in convenience and accessibility, using AA batteries means in a pinch, more batteries for the Fuji S1000fd are just moments away.
Fuji S1000fd Pricing and Availability
The Fuji FinePix S1000fd goes on sale from April 2008, with a pricetag of about US$250.
|Print this Page|