Fujinon XF 16mm f/1.4 R WR
(From Fujifilm lens literature) FUJIFILM North America Corporation has announced the new FUJINON XF16mmF1.4 R WR, a weather-resistant, fixed focal length lens (24mm in 35mm format equivalent) that delivers a dramatic wide field of view and stunning image performance. The F1.4 maximum aperture in the XF16mm gives users extraordinary image quality in low-light conditions, and pleasing bokeh-rich macro photography with a minimum working distance of less than 6" for numerous creative photographic possibilities.
The XF16mmF1.4 R WR features a high-speed autofocus of 0.11 seconds, a weather- and dust-resistant structure that can work in temperatures as low as 14F (-10C), and great portability thanks to its compact size. The XF16mmF1.4 R WR includes a depth-of-field scale on the focus ring that is perfect for landscape, travel and street photographers who want to calculate the distance, adjust the aperture setting, and shoot spontaneously.
Perfect match for the FUJIFILM X-T1
The XF16mmF1.4 R WR pairs perfectly with the award-winning FUJIFILM X-T1, a weather-resistant premium interchangeable lens camera with a large OLED electronic viewfinder (EVF). It has the latest generation 16.3 Megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor and an EXR Processor II that allows photographers to capture amazing, high resolution images anywhere.
FUJINON XF16mmF1.4 R WR key features:
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X-Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design with 9 sealing points in 8 areas
- 0.11 seconds autofocus speed and nearly silent operation
- Uses 13 elements in 11 groups, including 2 aspherical lens elements to control spherical aberration and distortion, and 2 ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral and axial chromatic aberration
- Nano-GI coating alters the refractive index between glass and air to reduce ghosting and flare
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- 1/3 EV steps
- Minimum working distance of less than 6 inches
The FUJINON XF16mmF1.4 R WR will be available in May 2015 for USD $999.95 and CAD $1149.99.