Fujinon XF 56mm f/1.2 R APD
(From Fujifilm lens literature) The new FUJINON XF56mmF1.2 R APD (Apodization) is a fast and nearly silent lens for FUJIFILM X-Series CSC’s that has a maximum aperture of F1.2 to make it the world’s brightest autofocus lens for digital cameras with an APS-C sensor. In addition, the new apodizing filter makes it the ideal choice for portrait photography where every detail is crystal clear, with images set on a gorgeous bokeh with smooth outlines for pictures with a three-dimensional feel.
The XF56mm F1.2 R APD is constructed of 11 glass elements in eight groups, including one aspherical glass molded lens element and two extra low dispersion lens elements. Spherical aberrations are corrected by the aspherical glass element to deliver high resolution at the maximum aperture setting. Additionally, thanks to the combination of two extra-low dispersion lens elements and three cemented lens elements, chromatic aberrations are greatly reduced.
FUJINON XF56mmF1.2 R APD (Apodization) key features:
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM interchangeable system cameras
- HT-EBC multi-layer coating to minimize ghosting and flare
- Comprised of 11 glass elements in 8 groups with one aspherical glass molded lens element and two extra low dispersion lens elements
- Enhanced resolving power at all apertures when used with an X-series camera that incorporates a Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) function
- Seven rounded aperture blades for smooth, circular bokeh
- Inner focusing system that moves small elements in the middle or at the rear of the lens, while keeping the large, front elements stationery for high-speed AF
The FUJINON XF56mmF1.2 R APD will be available in December 2014 for USD $1,499.95.