Pentax 20-40mm f/2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR HD DA
(From Pentax lens literature) Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation (Ricoh Imaging) has expanded the industry’s largest APS-C optimized lens lineup with the introduction of the HD PENTAX DA 20-40mm F2.8-4ED Limited DC WR lens. As the first zoom lens in Ricoh Imaging’s acclaimed Limited Lens series, the new HD PENTAX DA 20-40mm lens bears the PENTAX high-grade multi-layer High Definition (HD) coating and is the first Limited Lens to feature Ricoh Imaging’s durable and dependable weather-sealed construction.
As versatile as it is capable, the new HD PENTAX DA 20-40mm lens combines Ricoh Imaging’s optical technology and premium construction culminating in the production of rich images with exceptional visual description and meticulous finish in every detail. With its handy zoom range (30.5mm to 61.5mm in the 35mm format) the HD PENTAX DA 20-40mm is the ideal everyday lens, offering the most frequently used focal lengths required for many popular applications, such as scenic photography, snapshots and portraiture. The HD PENTAX DA 20-40mm lens features a bright F2.8 maximum aperture (at 20mm) and rounded diaphragm blades producing stunning bokeh. At higher aperture numbers, its superior optical design incorporates ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and a proprietary HD coating that delivers clear crisp, high-contrast images free of flare and ghosting.
“Since its introduction the Limited Lens series has been widely respected for its optical design and physical appearance,” said Jim Malcolm, Executive Vice President, Ricoh Imaging. “The addition of the new PENTAX DA 20-40mm Limited Lens enhances the series with a useful zoom range, weather-sealed construction and outstanding sharpness and image quality.”>
Marking the 29th APS-C optimized lens currently available in Ricoh Imaging’s acclaimed PENTAX lens line-up, the new HD PENTAX DA 20-40mm lens has been engineered to produce optimal results when paired with the APS-C-sized sensors featured in PENTAX K-mount DSLRs. Finally, the HD PENTAX DA 20-40mm lens also features a lens-based direct current (DC) focusing motor providing quiet and smooth autofocus functionality.
- The first Limited Series zoom lens with focal length coverage from 30.5 to 61.5mm in the 35mm format, providing the most frequently used focal lengths for a variety of subjects settings and creative perspectives.
- Shoot discreetly with in-lens, direct current (DC) Auto Focus motor operation for smooth & quiet performance.
- Treated with state-of-the-art HD (High Definition) technology, a high grade, multi-layer coating, allowing the user to capture crisp, high-contrast images free of flare and ghosting, even under demanding lighting conditions.
- With seven special seals to prevent intrusion of water, moisture and dust, this is the first lens of the Limited Lens series to feature the PENTAX-original weather-resistant construction.
- The ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass and a super-low dispersion glass element in this lens’s optics deliver clear, high resolution imagery with edge-to-edge sharpness, throughout the entire zoom range.