Wedding photographer’s hair catches on fire as bride walks the aisle (VIDEO)


posted Monday, November 19, 2012 at 3:47 PM EDT


In terms of wedding photographer disasters, this had the potential to be one of the worst yet. Wedding photographer Jacki Bruniquel was shooting a wedding in South Africa when, just as the bride was walking down the aisle with her father, Bruniquel's hair got too close to a candle and burst into flames.

It was all captured on video (see below) by videographer Mark Thompson.

Luckily, Bruniquel managed to get the fire out and flipped the potentially horrific disaster into something comical so as not to ruin the bride's big day.

Here's what she said about the incident on her blog.

"In that situation the only thing you can do once the flames have been patted out is to once again … laugh and keep on shooting. It was funny. It was certainly a wedding I will never forget -- that is for sure -- and my hair did actually need a trim! (Although I have to say that it hasn’t been quite the same since then!!)"

(Via Peta Pixel)