Original Source Press Release:
Fuji announces USA release of FinePix 30i!|
Michael R. Tomkins, The Imaging Resource
(Tuesday, February 5, 2002 - 10:00 EST)
MP3 / digicam combo, sibling of the FinePix 40i and 50i, will see a US release after all...
Fuji Photo Film USA Inc. has today announced the US launch of its FinePix 30i digital camera, a model we first told you about back when it was first announced in Japan last October. We detailed the specifications at that time, and they remain essentially unchanged (except, of course, for the fact that the Japanese-specific cell-phone connectivity is not functional in the US model). The company initially stated that it had no plans to sell this model in the US market, but has now apparently decided that it will indeed do so.
The FinePix 30i is similar to the existing 40i model which is available in the USA, and the 50i model which sold in Japan only. A number of changes aimed at reducing the price have been built in, however - including the use of a standard CCD rather than Fuji's proprietary (and larger) SuperCCD chip. The new camera also uses the same more stylish remote as the FinePix 50i, which can display info such as track names - something the 40i's more basic remote couldn't do.
The Fuji FinePix 30i will ship in the USA next April at a cost of $399 - notably lower than the Japanese and European launch prices which worked out to be roughly $450-530.
We have several new press images to accompany the US launch, which follow:
|Fuji's FinePix 30i digital camera, front view...|
Fuji Photo Film USA Inc.
|and front view with bundled headphones.|
Powered by Coranto
|FUJIFILM INTRODUCES THE VERSATILE FINEPIX 30i DIGITAL CAMERA TO U.S. MARKET|
Wallet-Size Digital Camera Features MP3 Playback, Voice Annotation, Video Conferencing and Digital Audio and Video Recording Capabilities
ELMSFORD, NY, FEBRUARY 5, 2002 ? Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc., the first manufacturer to pair MP3 digital audio technology with a high-resolution digital camera, has announced that it is bringing the FinePix 30i digital camera to the United States. A hit in Europe and Asia, this wallet-size successor to the noted FinePix 40i is one of the most versatile digital cameras on the market, offering a choice of digital features:
?The introduction of the FinePix 40i was received with great enthusiasm and showed the world the technological prowess of Fujifilm,? said Darin Pepple, Product Manager, Consumer Digital Products, Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. ?The FinePix 30i picks up where the FinePix 40i left off, bringing digital mulit-function to a new level of performance and convenience.?
- Powerful CCD sensor ? The FinePix 30i offers consumers a 2.0 million effective pixel CCD (2.1 million total pixels) for vibrant, colorful prints of up to 8x10 inches.
- Digital Picture Voice Annotation ? Speaking into the camera?s built-in microphone, picture-takers can attach 30-second voice notes to each photo, enabling picture-takers to further enhance their memories with additional commentary.
- MP3 Digital Music Player ? In addition to taking great pictures, the FinePix 30i can perform like a portable MP3 player by allowing users to download and listen to near CD-quality playback of their favorite MP3 files. The included 16MB SmartMedia? card can store up to 20 minutes of music while an optional 128 MB card can hold up to 160 minutes.
- Multi-Purpose Remote Control ? The enhanced, back-lit remote control of the FinePix 30i lets users include themselves in pictures, scroll through photos, and display the titles and artist names of their favorite MP3 tracks.
- Digital Audio Recording and Playback? The FinePix 30i can record up to 33 minutes of audio on the bundled 16MB SmartMedia card; 272 minutes on a 128MB card.
- Digital Video with Sound ? The FinePix 30i?s digital video recorder can take up to 20-second bursts of AVI video with sound, a nice feature for capturing that fleeting special moment.
- Videoconferencing ? The FinePix 30i can double as a PC-cam, allowing consumers live face-time via computer with friends and loved ones.
- Extremely Compact ? The camera measures a mere 3.3?W x 2.9?H x 1.2?D and weighs only 5.6 ounces without batteries.
The FinePix 30i will come bundled with two, high-powered, rechargeable nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) batteries, charger, 16MB SmartMediaš card, shoulder strap, USB cable and headphones with remote control. Apple® QuickTime 5.0, VideoImpression?, RealJukebox® 2 Plus for Windows and MacMP3 for Macintosh® are also included.
The FinePix 30i will be available in April 2002 at a price of $399.
Fujifilm Makes Digital Photography Easy
Fujifilm?s FinePix digital camera line-up supports the company?s commitment to making digital photography more accessible to consumers by simplifying the technology and providing the education needed to make informed purchasing decisions. The FinePix ?Picture of America?? Tour (www.fujifilm.com/finepixtour) features the FinePix Truck, which is traveling the country and educating consumers about digital photography. The tour highlights Fujifilm?s complete line of shoot, store, print and share digital photography solutions.
As it has done so successfully for its extensive line of film cameras, Fujifilm offers a choice of services and products for digital camera developing ? the printing of digital pictures. At retail outlets, Fujifilm?s Aladdin self-service kiosks and Frontier Digital Lab Systems offer the ease, cost effectiveness and professional quality of traditional print services, while the Fujifilm FinePix NX-500 digital printer brings digital camera developing to the home. Also from the home, picture takers can upload, store and album images to www.fujifilm.net and have prints made via the Frontier Digital Lab System.
Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. is the U.S. marketing subsidiary of Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. of Tokyo (FUJIY), a leading global manufacturer of imaging and information products. Recognized for its technological innovation and high quality, Fujifilm offers a complete portfolio of imaging and information products, services and e-solutions to retailers, consumers, professionals and business customers.
The complete Fujifilm product portfolio includes: professional and consumer film and cameras; digital imaging products, including cameras and printers for commercial and consumer use; digital minilabs and kiosks; photographic paper and photofinishing supplies; professional motion picture film; high-capacity floppy disks, CDs and DVDs, tape cartridges and other data storage media; videotape and audiocassettes; professional and consumer optical discs; microfilm and other micrographic products; graphic arts film, conventional and digital printing plates, analog and digital color proofing systems, drum and flatbed scanners, imagesetters and computer-to-plate systems. Fujicolor Processing, Inc., a subsidiary of Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc., provides wholesale photofinishing through a network of laboratories across the country.
For more information on Fujifilm products, consumers can call 800-800-FUJI or access the Fujifilm USA Web site at www.fujifilm.com. For answers to frequently asked questions and software download, consumers can access Fujifilm?s technical support Web site at www.fujifilmsupport.com.
# # #