Original Source Press Release:
Fuji's FinePix F401: Full specs!|
(Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 13:11 EDT)
As promised, we now have in-depth details on the Japanese company's latest digicam - and it will be sold in the USA and Europe...
We told you briefly last night about the Fuji FinePix F401 based on details revealed by Yamada Kumio at the digitalcamera.jp website, and now we can tell the whole story. The new compact camera will indeed be available in the US and Europe, and couples its 2.1 megapixel SuperCCD imager with a 3x optical zoom lens, SmartMedia storage, a range of automatic and manual functionality, and a pricetag of US$499.99 (list) in the US, whilst European pricing is expected to be sub-£400.
Full specifications courtesy of Fuji follow:
Fuji Photo Film USA Inc.
Fujifilm FinePix F401
|Number of Effective Pixels ||2.1 million |
|Sensor Type ||1/2.7-inch third generation Super CCD |
Number of total pixels: 2.11 million
|Number of Recorded pixels ||2304 x 1728 (3.98 million), 1600 x 1200, 1280 x 960 and 640 x 480 pixels |
|File format ||Still image: JPEG (Exif 2.2) Exif Print Format |
Movie: AVI (Motion JPEG Mono Sound)
Audio: WAV (Mono)
|Storage Media ||SmartMedia Card (3.3V, 2MB to 128MB) |
|Number of Images ||Still (at 2304 x 1728) ||Movie |
| ||Fine ||Normal ||320x240 ||160x120 |
|16 MB ||9 ||20 ||98 sec. ||337 sec. |
|32 MB ||20 ||41 ||199 sec. ||679 sec. |
|64 MB ||40 ||84 ||400 sec. ||1365 sec. |
|128 MB ||81 ||169 ||802 sec. ||2735 sec. |
|Lens ||Super EBC Fujinon 3x optical zoom lens (equivalent to 36-108mm on a 35mm camera) |
|Zoom ||3x optical, Digital zoom 3.6x (640 x 480), 1.8x (1280 x 960), 1.44x (1600 x 1200) |
|Focus ||Autofocus/ AF Area Focus/ Manual Focus |
|Focus Range ||Normal: 2.0ft - Inf., Macro: 0.3 - 2.6 ft |
|Aperture ||F 2.8 - 4.8 / F7 - 11.6 |
|Viewfinder ||Real-image optical viewfinder |
|Sensitivity ||ISO 200/400 equivalent; ISO 800/1600 equivalent (only at 1,280 x 960 pixel mode) |
|Shutter Speed ||¼ - 1/1000 sec. (depending on shooting modes) |
|Shooting modes ||Normal: Auto, Portrait, Sports, Scene, Night Scene |
Continuous: 3 fps. up to 4 frames
Continuous Final: Records final 4 frames only
|Exposure Modes ||Programmed AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter-Priority AE, Manual |
|Exposure Control ||64 Zone TTL Metering; multi, spot and average |
|Exposure Compensation ||-2.1 EV - +1.5 EV at 1/3 steps |
|White Balance ||Auto, 6 preset positions selectable in Manual Mode (Fine, Shade, Daylight Fluorescent, Warm White Fluorescent, Cool White Fluorescent, Incandescent Light) |
|Flash ||Effective range (at ISO 200): |
Wide: 15.7 in. - 11.5 ft
Tele: 15.7 in. - 6.6 ft
Auto flash using flash control sensor
Flash mode (auto, red-eye reduction, forced flash, suppressed flash, slow syncro)
|Self-timer ||Approx. 10 sec. |
|Movie (AVI) ||320 x 240/160 x 120 pixels: 10 fps |
AVI (Motion JPEG) with sound.
|Audio recording ||WAV format |
|Voice Memo ||Up to 30 sec. WAV format |
|LCD Monitor ||1.5-inch low temp. polysilicon TFT (114,000 pixels) |
|Playback ||Single frame (with 18 x Playback zoom), 9 multi-frame |
|Camera Terminal ||USB Interface, power-input socket, cradle socket |
|Power Source ||NP 60 battery (1035mAh) or AC-5V AC adapter (included) |
|Dimensions ||3.3 (W) x 2.7 (H) x 1.1 (D) inches |
|Weight ||6.5 oz. (without batteries) |
|Included Accessories ||16MB SmartMedia storage card, Li-ion NP 60 battery, hand strap, USB cable, AC Power Adapter AC-5VHS/AC-5VS, CD-ROM with FinePixViewer 3.0, DP Editor, Apple QuickTime™ 5.0, VideoImpression™ and USB Driver |
|MSRP ||$499.99 |
Powered by Coranto
|FUJIFILM INTRODUCES THE NEW, ULTRA-SLIM FINEPIX F401, ONE OF THE SMALLEST ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERAS IN ITS CLASS|
Features Sleek and Stylish Metal Body With Optional Docking Cradle Convenience
ELMSFORD, NY, May 30, 2002 - Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. continues its tradition of exceptional photo quality and distinctive styling with the new FinePix F401 digital camera. The FinePix F401's ultra-slim, trend-setting metallic body is sure to turn heads. It is one of the smallest 2.1-effective-megapixel zoom digital cameras in its category and features Fujifilm's third-generation Super CCD sensor and optional PC-sync cradle. Fujifilm's new FinePix F401 is the perfect solution for those looking for excellent picture-taking performance, advanced multimedia features and pocket-sized convenience.
"Fujifilm continues to expand its extensive portfolio of digital cameras that are designed to make the digital photography experience easy and fun for consumers," said Darin Pepple, Brand Manager, Consumer Digital Products, Consumer Markets Division, Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. "The FinePix F401 is ideal for the on-the-go photographer who wants a choice of features and point-and-shoot simplicity in a sleek, stylish package."
Fujifilm's Third-Generation Super CCD
The FinePix F401 third-generation Super CCD image sensor system reflects significant advancements in the company's digital imaging technology history, enabling the camera to offer consumers such advantages as images with 2304 x 1728 (3.98 million) recorded pixels and ultra-high ISO sensitivity. Fujifilm's new, proprietary image processing method, known as Pixel Data Coupling Technology, along with a new noise reduction technology have been combined with the new Super CCD sensor system to enable the FinePix F401 and other third-generation Super CCD models to deliver ISO sensitivities all the way up 1600 in 1280 x 960 (one megapixel) mode while minimizing CCD "noise." Fujifilm's compact FinePix F401 digital camera offers the following features:
The FinePix F401 will be available in August 2002 at a MSRP of $499.99. In addition, an optional PC-sync PictureCradle, for fast camera-to-computer photo transfer via USB cable, PC-cam videoconferencing and easy recharging of the camera's battery will be available for $79.99.
- Clear and Colorful Pictures - Boasting a third generation Super CCD sensor system with 2.1 million effective pixels, the FinePix F401 can deliver 2304 x 1728 (3.98 million) recorded pixels for clear, colorful 11 x 16-inch prints.
- Sleek and Stylish Metal Body - This stylish, lightweight camera measures a mere 3.3" W x 2.7" H x 1.1 "D and weighs only 6.5 ounces without batteries. One of the smallest zoom digital cameras in its class, the FinePix F401's ultra-slim body houses the camera's Super EBC Fujinon 3x optical, retractable zoom (with up to 3.6x digital zoom) lens, enabling picture-takers to capture detailed close-ups.
- Digital Movie Recording - The FinePix F401 can capture over 13 minutes of AVI digital video with sound on a 128MB SmartMedia™ card (320 x 240 resolution) at 10 frames per second (fps) or email-ready 160 x 120 resolution at 10 fps.
- Digital Picture Voice Notes - With the camera's built-in microphone, picture takers can attach 30-second voice notes to each photo, allowing users to further enhance their memories or photo albums with narration.
- High ISO Sensitivity/Range of Shutter Speeds - The FinePix F401 shutter speeds range from 1/4 to 1/1000 of a second with adjustable ISO sensitivity of 200/400. It also includes a high sensitivity one-megapixel (1280 x 960) mode at ISO 800/1600 that features Fujifilm's Pixel Data Coupling noise reduction technology for crisp, clear photos.
- Continuous shooting modes - Enabling picture takers to capture just the right image, the camera offers continuous, full-resolution shooting at three fps up to four frames or a special last-four-frame-only continuous shooting mode which enables photographers to record the last four frames of the subject after releasing the shutter button - a great feature for sports and action photography.
- Videoconferencing Capabilities - The FinePix F401 can also operate as a PC-cam permitting users to experience live face-time via computer with friends, family or co-workers.
- Shooting Modes - The FinePix F401 simplifies advanced picture taking with special, preset shooting modes, including auto, portrait, sports, landscape and night scene.
Fujifilm Makes Digital Camera Developing Easy
As it has done so successfully for its extensive line of film cameras, Fujifilm offers a choice of services and products for digital camera developing - the printing of digital pictures. At retail outlets nationwide, Fujifilm's Printpix and Aladdin self-service kiosks and Frontier Digital Lab Systems offer the ease, cost effectiveness and professional quality of traditional print services. To find a retailer that offers Fujifilm digital camera developing nearest them, consumers are encouraged to visit www.fujifilm.com and click on the link to "Fujifilm's Digital Camera Developing Service Locator."
Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. is the U.S. marketing subsidiary of Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. of Tokyo (FUJIY), a leading global manufacturer in three business segments, including Imaging Solutions, Information Solutions and Document Solutions. Recognized for its technological innovation and high quality, Fujifilm offers a complete portfolio of imaging, information and document products, services and e-solutions to retailers, consumers, professionals and business customers.
The complete Fujifilm product portfolio in the U.S.A. includes: professional and consumer film and cameras; digital imaging products, including cameras and printers for commercial and consumer use; digital minilabs and kiosks; photographic paper and photofinishing supplies; professional motion picture film; high-capacity floppy disks, CDs and DVDs, tape cartridges and other data storage media; videotape and audiocassettes; professional and consumer optical discs; microfilm and other micrographic products; and graphic arts film, conventional and digital printing plates, analog and digital color proofing systems, drum and flatbed scanners, imagesetters and computer-to-plate systems. Fujicolor Processing, Inc., a subsidiary of Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc., provides wholesale photofinishing through a network of laboratories across the country. Fujifilm e-Systems is a subsidiary of Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc., that develops workflow solutions to support the company's photofinishing labs and consumer photographic businesses, including online imaging services such as Fujifilm.net.
For more information on Fujifilm products, consumers can call 800-800-FUJI or access the Fujifilm USA Web site at www.fujifilm.com. For answers to frequently asked FinePix digital camera questions and software download, consumers can access Fujifilm's technical support Web site at www.fujifilmsupport.com.
# # #
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.