PRESS RELEASE: Fujifilm Launches ZSpotNow.com: A Social Network for Generation "Z"
Site Brings Together Music Fans, Artists, Gadget Gurus and Fashionistas Around Events in Los Angeles, Miami and New York
VALHALLA, NY--(Marketwire - July 17, 2008) - ZSpotNow.com News Facts: Today, Fujifilm launched ZSpotNow.com, a social network hosted on the Ning platform, in support of three events promoting the stylish Fujifilm FinePix Z20 digital camera.
The event themes are inspired by the Z20's unique features.
Event facts for 'Z Spot Now LA':
- The 'premiere' Z Spot LA event will take place on Thursday, September 25th at Opera and Crimson, one of Hollywood's hottest and most exclusive nightclubs. Z Spot LA will feature a headline performance by Los Angeles natives, No Age, hot on the heels of their critically-acclaimed new album, "Nouns."
- Z Spot Now friends will be invited to participate in the The Z Roll Movie Contest. Contestants will submit a short video clip to complete a story started by Fujifilm. The winner will be flown in for the Z Spot LA event to attend the exclusive party where their film short will be premiered.
Event facts for 'Z Spot Now Miami':
- The Z Spot Miami event will take place on Saturday, October 18th at One Cool World skate park in Miami, Florida. This daytime event will feature live demos by some of Miami's most prolific pro skaters, with a live performance by renowned hip-hop/mash-up DJ, Z-Trip.
- Z Spot Now friends will be invited to participate in The Art Z Contest, which calls for aspiring urban artists to redesign the Z20 logo. The artist that best reflects today's urban design trends will be flown to the Z Spot Miami event. The winning design will be used as the theme of the event, included on signage and t-shirts worn by the pro-skate crew.
Event facts for 'Z Spot Now New York':
- The final event, Z Spot New York, will take place at an exclusive New York City venue on Thursday, November 20th. Z Spot New York will kick off with a roundtable discussion during which some of today's leading fashion and technology designers and influencers will come together to discuss the convergence of fashion and technology. A special cocktail reception, featuring one of NYC's hottest DJs, will follow the roundtable discussion.
- As colorful and stylish digital cameras like the Z20 become everyday accessories, we are seeing a convergence of fashion and technology. The Z Couture Tech & Fashion Contest asks today's geek-chic generation to submit a video of themselves explaining why they should represent their generation on the panel by discussing what's next for the convergence of fashion/style/design and technology. The winner will be flown to the Z Spot New York event and receive a seat on the panel to sit shoulder to shoulder with today's leading fashion and technology design influencers.
Additional Relevant Information
- The Ning platform currently has over 358,000 social networks and is growing at a rate of 1,500-2,000 per day.
Attributed to Ron Gazzola, VP of Marketing, Fujifilm
- "Fujifilm recognized that this younger, style-savvy generation wants to be able to engage with a brand. We didn't want to just create a website that would speak to them -- we wanted to hear what they had to say and offer a place for the community that uses the camera to share."
- "We researched the various social networking platforms out there and selected Ning based on its ability to bring together communities of common interest and lifestyle in an environment that allows for organic growth."
Attributed to Gina Bianchini, CEO, Ning, Inc.
- "Ning enables anyone -- individuals or companies -- to create their own social networks for anything. With ZSpotNow, Fujifilm has taken advantage of the freedom and flexibility Ning offers to create the exact right social network for them."
FUJIFILM U.S.A. Inc. is a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, providing digital and analog photographic Imaging Systems, Recording/Storage Media and Motion Picture Film products and services to consumers, professionals and businesses. For more information on Fujifilm U.S.A. products, customers can call 800-800-FUJI or visit www.fujifilmusa.com. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm U.S.A. via RSS, subscribe free at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss.
About FUJIFILM Corporation
FUJIFILM Corporation (NASDAQ: FUJI) brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including electronic imaging, photofinishing equipment, medical systems, life sciences, graphic arts, flat panel display materials, and office products, based on a vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. The company was ranked number 15 for U.S. patents granted in 2007, employs more than 70,000 people worldwide and in the year ended March 31, 2008, had global revenues of $24.7 billion. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmholdings.com.
(First posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 19:48 EDT)