|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: Smith Micro Celebrates 20 Years of Stuffit Success With Launch of Stuffit Deluxe 2009 for Windows
'Just StuffIt!' Contest Invites Customers to Share How They Use StuffIt for a Chance to Win a Laptop, MacBook, iPods and Much More!
ALISO VIEJO, Calif. -- Jan. 30, 2008 -- Smith Micro Software, Inc. Consumer Group, has announced the launch of StuffIt Deluxe 2009 for Windows, an enhanced version of the award-winning compression and file management solution and celebrates by asking customers to share their StuffIt experiences for a chance to win multiple prizes. Since 1989, StuffIt compression has helped users maximize storage space, archive projects and to protect and share files with friends and colleagues. Today, millions of users at work or play rely on StuffIt products to compress, backup and archive their information, email, expansive music, photo and video collections, as well as to exchange files seamlessly between Windows and Macintosh environments.
For 20 years, StuffIt has been a partner to anyone who needed to secure, compress and back up content. As people's needs evolved from copying data on floppy disks to storing important information on hard drives, StuffIt has kept pace by continuing to improve the performance, security and workflow of storing and retrieving content from a wide range of sources. StuffIt Deluxe 2009 for Windows provides intuitive file compression and integration with the latest operating systems and popular applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office and offers an ever-growing number of tools to automate the complex, yet repetitive tasks performed everyday by consumers and professionals alike.
To celebrate the launch of StuffIt Deluxe 2009 for Windows and 20 years of StuffIt success, Smith Micro will host an interactive contest titled "Just StuffIt!" The contest is simple: participants will submit an entry describing their most creative and extraordinary StuffIt experience. The 20-day event began Jan. 29 at 12:01 am PST and continues until Feb. 17 at 5:00 pm and winners will be determined by the StuffIt panel of judges. The grand prize winner and runner-ups selected by the panel will be announced on Feb. 20 at 5:00 pm PST. See http://www.smithmicro.com/juststuffit for more details.
Contest winners will receive a variety of exciting products, including:
• Grand Prizes: Two grand prize packages will be awarded to the best Mac and PC user stories. Winners will receive a MacBook for the best Mac story or a PC laptop for the best Windows story, each with the newest version of StuffIt Deluxe 2009
• Runner Ups: Top 20 runner ups will each receive an iPod Nano
• First 200 Participants: The first 200 participants who successfully submit their "Just StuffIt!" story will each receive a copy of StuffIt Deluxe 2009
"From Windows 3.1 to Windows Vista, StuffIt has always delivered new features and functionality, taking full advantage of the increased processing power to help users manage their important content, such as Microsoft Office files, music collections or archives of family photos," said Eric Kopf, StuffIt Product Manager for Smith Micro Software. The "Just StuffIt!" contest is a fun way for us to reward StuffIt users who best demonstrate the benefits of compression technology. StuffIt Deluxe 2009 for Windows is packed with new tools that make using compression on your desktop almost effortless and you can bet that for the next 20 years, StuffIt will continue to be the compression solution that meets the growing and changing needs of people."
• StuffIt Droplets -- Automate repetitive tasks like backing up data, uploading files to FTP sites and attaching files to emails. To save time, users can create multiple, unique Droplets and quickly access them without launching the StuffIt application
• New Start Page -- Provides easy access to all of StuffIt Deluxe 2009 for Windows' Wizards, tools and tutorials
• StuffIt Context Menu -- Provides instant access to the most recent and frequently used actions, all located conveniently at the top level of the Windows Explorer Context Menu
• Expanded Support for File Formats -- Supports over 25 file formats with new expansion support for 7z archives, LZMA compressed files, segmented Zip archives and split archives
• Faster and Smaller Archiving -- New patent pending Duplicate Folding feature stores only a single copy of duplicate items within archives to improve expansion and compression time, eliminating redundancy and increasing space on the hard drive
• Multiprocessor Support -- Takes advantage of the new generation of Dual and Quad core processors from Intel and AMD
Pricing, Availability, Requirements
The MSRP for StuffIt Deluxe 2009 for Windows 2009 is $49.99. The application is available direct from the Smith Micro web store at http://www.smithmicrocom/stuffit/win and at popular retailers, catalogs and distribution partners worldwide.
Registered users of any version of StuffIt Deluxe 2009 or StuffIt Standard Edition for Windows can upgrade to StuffIt Deluxe 2009 for Windows for just $19.99. To upgrade, visit: http://www.smithmicro.com/stuffit/win/upgrade.
(First posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 at 12:39 EST)