Pentax KF Review
|Full model name:||Pentax KF|
(23.5mm x 15.6mm)
|Viewfinder:||Optical / LCD|
|Native ISO:||100 - 102,400|
|Extended ISO:||100 - 102,400|
|Shutter:||1/6000 - 30 sec|
|Max Aperture:||3.5 (kit lens)|
4.9 x 3.7 x 2.9 in.
(126 x 93 x 74 mm)
Pentax KF Preview
The new Pentax KF is essentially an updated K-70; for more in-depth information, please see our Pentax K-70 Review.
(From manufacturer's press release)
PARSIPPANY, NJ, November 9, 2022 -Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation today announced the PENTAX KF digital SLR (DSLR) camera. This compact, dustproof and weather-resistant camera, optimized for all types of outdoor photography, provides a host of advanced, user- friendly features including a bright optical viewfinder, one of the benefits of DSLR shooting.
The PENTAX KF is designed to provide outstanding imaging performance in a rugged, highly portable body. It provides dependable, cold-proof performance down to temperatures as low as 14°F (-10°C), performing superbly in a wide range of weather conditions. While considered a mid-range model, the new camera incorporates an array of advanced functions and user-friendly features usually found only in higher-end models including a pentaprism-type optical viewfinder with a nearly 100% field of view and an in-body shake-reduction system with a 4.5-shutter-step compensation. It also provides the double e-dial system identical with top-of-the-line PENTAX models, as well as PENTAX-original shooting features, such as the Hyper Program system, which allows the user to instantly switch the exposure mode from Program to Aperture-priority or Shutter-priority without taking his or her eye off the viewfinder.
- Super-high-resolution with approximately 24.24 effective megapixels, even at ISO 102400
- Dustproof, weather-resistant body perfect for rugged outdoor photography
- Clear-view optical viewfinder (100% field of view and nearly 0.95-times magnification)
- Vari-angle 1037K-dot LCD monitor for easy viewing from all angles
- PENTAX-original shake-reduction system with Pixel Shift Resolution System
- In-body Image Stabilization
- Pixel Shift Resolution System with motion correction function
- AA filter simulator to minimize moiré
- Astrotracer support
- Hybrid AF system for high-speed AF operation during Live View shooting
- 11-point High-precision autofocus system with the SAFOX X module
- An array of image processing functions for diversified photographic expression
- A host of interval shooting functions
- Wireless LAN connection to support smartphone operation
Pricing and Availability
The PENTAX KF DSLR will be available starting in late November 2022. The PENTAX KF black camera body-only has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $849.95; the PENTAX KF black camera body with smc PENTAX DA L 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR lens Kit has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $949.95.