Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR
(From Fujifilm lens literature) FUJIFILM North America Corporation has announced the new FUJINON XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR, a weather-resistant standard zoom lens with a 24-84mm equivalent that offers users the classic zoom range with a constant F2.8 in the market today. The XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR uses 14 sealing points for a durable, weather-resistant and dust-proof design that make it the perfect companion for photojournalists who do not want to compromise when weather conditions are the most challenging. Whether shooting wide angle landscapes or medium-telephoto portraits, the XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR delivers ideal image results from edge to edge.
The XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR delivers on its promise of extremely high resolution and stunning bokeh for professional-grade results when paired with the FUJIFILM X-T1, or any X-Series CSC. The XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR also uses the newly-developed Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating technology to effectively inhibit ghosting and flare, producing clear images from edge-to-edge.
The XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR uses a light weight Internal Focusing System and a Twin Linear Motor for high-speed autofocus (AF) and whisper quiet AF as fast as 0.06 seconds. When combined with the near-silent shutter sound of the FUJIFILM X-T1, photos can be taken unnoticed in quiet and sensitive locations.
FUJINON XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR (24-84mm) R LM WR key features:
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design with 14 sealing points
- 0.06 seconds autofocus speed and nearly silent operation
- Uses 17 elements in 12 groups, including 3 aspherical lens elements to control spherical aberration and distortion, and 3 ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral and axial chromatic aberration
- Nano-GI coating alters the refractive index between glass and air to reduce ghosting and flare
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- 1/3 EV steps
- Minimum working distance of less than 12 inches
The FUJINON XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR will be available in February 2015 for USD $1,199.95.