Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4 S Nikkor
(From Nikon lens literature) Nikon Inc. is pleased to announce the release of three new lenses designed for the next-generation Nikon Z mount system's full-frame (Nikon FX format) mirrorless cameras, for which a new larger-diameter mount has been adopted. The three new lenses are the standard zoom NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S, the wide-angle prime NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S, and the standard prime NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S. Nikon has also announced the Mount Adapter FTZ for Z System compatibility with existing NIKKOR F mount lenses and development of the NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct lens1.
NIKKOR Z lenses pursue a new dimension in optical performance, by taking advantage of the superior design flexibility made possible by the combination of the larger Z mount with its inner diameter of 55mm, and a short flange focal distance of 16mm. The lenses offer sharp resolution with both still-image and video recording, and are equipped with functions that include: compensation for focus breathing (the shifting of the angle of view when focus is adjusted), quiet operation, smooth exposure control, a control ring and performance that is well suited for video capture.
The NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S, NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S, and NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S are S-Line interchangeable lenses. The S-Line is a newly designated grade of NIKKOR Z lenses that adhere to a new benchmark in optical performance, realizing rendering performance that surpasses that of conventional f/4 standard zoom lenses and f/1.8 wide-angle or standard prime lenses. From maximum aperture, clear and sharp resolution can be achieved as well as beautiful bokeh characteristics.
NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S Primary Features
- Standard focal-length range from wide-angle 24mm to medium-telephoto 70mm can effectively cover a wide variety of scenes and subjects with rendering performance that will change the perception of what is possible with zoom lenses with a maximum aperture of f/4
- Optical design that suppresses variations in aberrations from shooting distances of close-up to infinity, demonstrating sharp resolution even in the peripheral areas of the frame from the maximum aperture, as well as fine point-image reproduction
- Achieved a minimum focus distance of just 0.3 m across the zoom range
- Adoption of an ED glass element, an aspherical ED lens element, and three aspherical lens elements
- Nano Crystal Coat adopted to suppress ghosting and flare
- Has the size needed to deliver an extremely high standard of optical performance, yet provides outstanding portability; employs a retracting mechanism that can be set on/off without pressing a button and reduces total length for a compact lens that can easily be taken anywhere
- In consideration to a dust- and drip-resistance, the entire lens, including moving parts, has been sealed
- Fluorine coat applied to front lens surface
Price and Availability
The NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S will be available September 27 for the suggested retail prices (SRP) of $999.95*.
1. Information regarding the release of this product will be announced at a later date.
*SRP (Suggested Retail Price) listed only as a suggestion. Actual prices are set by dealers and are subject to change at any time.
Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4 S Nikkor
Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4 S Nikkor User Reviews
The Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4 S Nikkor doesn't have any user reviews yet!