Nikon Z 35mm f/1.8 S Nikkor
10/21/2022: Gallery Images added
(From Nikon lens literature) Nikon Inc. is pleased to announce the release of three new lenses designed for the next-generation Nikon Z mount system's full-frame (Nikon FX format) mirrorless cameras, for which a new larger-diameter mount has been adopted. The three new lenses are the standard zoom NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S, the wide-angle prime NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S, and the standard prime NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S. Nikon has also announced the Mount Adapter FTZ for Z System compatibility with existing NIKKOR F mount lenses and development of the NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct lens1.
NIKKOR Z lenses pursue a new dimension in optical performance, by taking advantage of the superior design flexibility made possible by the combination of the larger Z mount with its inner diameter of 55mm, and a short flange focal distance of 16mm. The lenses offer sharp resolution with both still-image and video recording, and are equipped with functions that include: compensation for focus breathing (the shifting of the angle of view when focus is adjusted), quiet operation, smooth exposure control, a control ring and performance that is well suited for video capture.
The NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S, NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S, and NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S are S-Line interchangeable lenses. The S-Line is a newly designated grade of NIKKOR Z lenses that adhere to a new benchmark in optical performance, realizing rendering performance that surpasses that of conventional f/4 standard zoom lenses and f/1.8 wide-angle or standard prime lenses. From maximum aperture, clear and sharp resolution can be achieved as well as beautiful bokeh characteristics.
NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S Primary Features
- Rendering performance that redefines perceptions of what a 35 mm f/1.8 lens can do
- Sharp resolution even in the peripheral areas of the frame from the maximum aperture, effective suppression of sagittal coma flare that enables superb point-image reproduction when capturing point light sources in night landscapes, and the soft and natural bokeh characteristics expected of a fast (bright) lens
- Adoption of a new multi-focusing system featuring two AF drive units providing driving power at high speed and with high accuracy that achieves quiet, fast, and accurate AF control, as well as high imageforming performance at any focus distance
- Adoption of two ED glass elements, and three aspherical lens elements
- Nano Crystal Coat adopted to suppress ghosting and flare
- In consideration to a dust- and drip-resistance, the entire lens, including moving parts, has been sealed
Price and Availability
The NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S will be available September 27 for the suggested retail prices (SRP) of $849.95.
1. Information regarding the release of this product will be announced at a later date.
*SRP (Suggested Retail Price) listed only as a suggestion. Actual prices are set by dealers and are subject to change at any time.
Nikon Z 35mm f/1.8 S Nikkor
Nikon Z 35mm f/1.8 S Nikkor User Reviews
The Nikon Z 35mm f/1.8 S Nikkor doesn't have any user reviews yet!