Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD SP
(From Tamron lens literature) Tamron Co., Ltd. (President and CEO: Morio Ono / Headquarters: Saitama City), a leading manufacturer of optical equipment, announced the development of a full-size, high-speed telephoto zoom lens equipped with VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization, and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) that achieves leading-edge image quality while boasting the most compact design in its class.
- One special XLD (Extra Low Dispersion) *5 glass in concert with four LD (Low Dispersion) elements minimize chromatic aberrations. This combined with a new optical design that delivers high contrast and high resolution throughout the zoom range achieves leading-edge image quality.
- Tamron’s advanced multi-layer coating technology dramatically improves lens performance by reducing flare and ghosting for crisper, clearer images.
- The rounded diaphragm*6 affords the photographer spectacular blur effects, delivering the kind of rich expression only achievable with a high-speed telephoto zoom lens.
- The most compact*1 full-size, high-speed telephoto zoom lens with VC (Vibration Compensation)*2 image stabilization and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive)*3 in its class delivers superior mobility, enabling photographers to capture the previously unattainable.
- Features USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive)*3 to power a speedy AF drive together with a continuous manual focus mechanism.
- The VC (Vibration Compensation)*2 image stabilization mechanism reduces camera shake to deliver sharp images.
- Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens.
*1 For high-speed telephoto zoom lenses for full-size SLR cameras, equipped with VC image stabilization and USD. Current as of September 2012. (Source: Tamron)
*2 VC (Vibration Compensation) is Tamron's proprietary image stabilization mechanism.
*3 USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) is Tamron's proprietary ultrasonic motor drive.
*4 The Sony mount does not include VC, as Sony digital SLR bodies include image stabilization functionality. The Sony lens is designated as “SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di USD”.
*5 The XLD (Extra Low Dispersion) glass is made from specialized high-grade glass, which offers greater chromatic aberration correction properties than LD (Low Dispersion) elements.
*6 This rounded diaphragm retains a nearly circular shape even when taken two stops down from its fully open state.