Adobe Lightroom, Camera Raw release candidates support new cameras aplenty, including Sony A7, A7R, RX10
posted Friday, November 8, 2013 at 7:57 PM EDT
Just in time for the weekend, Adobe has shipped new release candidates of its Photoshop Lightroom, Camera Raw, and DNG Converter apps. All three bring support for 15 new camera and camera back models, several of which have recently gone on sale, as well as seven new lens types. The Camera Raw RC also adds several new features -- but only if you're using the subscription-only Creative Cloud release -- while Lightroom RC fixes a number of bugs.
In all, the list of newly-supported cameras is as follows:
- Canon PowerShot S120 (previous version had preliminary support)
- Fujifilm XQ1
- Fujifilm X-E2
- Nikon 1 AW1
- Nikon Coolpix P7800
- Nikon D610
- Nikon D5300 (preliminary support)
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 (previous version had preliminary support)
- Olympus STYLUS 1 (preliminary support)
- Panasonic DMC-GM1
- Phase One IQ260
- Phase One IQ280
- Sony A7 (ILCE-7)
- Sony A7R (ILCE-7R)
- Sony DSC-RX10 (preliminary support)
The following lens profiles are newly available:
- Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
- Nikon 1 NIKKOR AW 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6
- Nikon 1 NIKKOR AW 10mm f/2.8
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G
- Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM A013 (Nikon and Sigma-mount versions)
- Sony E 20mm F2.8
- Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
One model conspicuous by its absence is the Pentax K-3, which recently began shipping in many markets around the world. The Panasonic LF1-based Leica C and Fujifilm X-A1, also now available, are likewise not yet supported. Otherwise, though, most recent announcements capable of shooting in raw format are on the list.
The Camera Raw 8.3 CC release candidate also has four new features:
- Whites and Blacks now support Auto Levels-like functionality via shift-double-click on the sliders.
- Separate Auto Temperature and Auto Tint feature. Shift-double-click to invoke "auto temperature" and "auto tint" separately.
- Ability to option-click shortcut in Synchronize, New Preset, Save Settings, and Copy/Paste (Bridge) dialog boxes. Option-click a checkbox to check that box exclusively. Option-click again to toggle previous checkbox state.
- Set the background color of the work area. Context-click outside the image in the work area to select a background color from a popup menu.
As usual, all of these new features are absent in thesimultaneously-issued Camera Raw 8.3 CS6 release candidate, although it shares the new camera and lens profile support. DNG Converter 8.3 release candidate, meanwhile, is included inside the Camera Raw 8.3 release candidate download.
And finally, a long list of issues are corrected in Photoshop Lightroom 5.3 release candidate:
- Issues when upgrading catalog from previous versions of Lightroom.
- Incorrect photos are displayed after switching away from a Publish Collection.
- Catalog optimization did not finish, and was not optimizing the catalog
- Feather of clone spots is set to 0 after upgrading catalog to Lightroom 5.
- Auto White Balance settings are not saved to Snapshots.
- Sony 18-55mm lens is detected as the Hasselblad 18-55mm lens for lens correction.
- Increased Update Spot Removal history steps when in Before and After view.
- Slideshows start playing automatically even when the Manual Slideshow option is enabled.
- Video playback stops when dragging on the scrubber.
- Errors when publishing photos to Flickr through the Publish Service.
- Option + drag on Edit Pin behavior is functioning incorrectly.
- Black border appears around the exported slideshow video.
- Catalog containing images processed with PV2003 were adding a post-crop vignette when catalog upgraded to Lightroom 5.
- Pressing the “Reset” button while holding down the Shift key caused Lightroom to exit abruptly.
- Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction were not applied to exported images that were resized to less than 1/3 of the original image size.
- The Esc key did not exit the slideshow after right clicking screen with mouse during slideshow playing.
- Import dialog remained blank for folders that contain PNG files with XMP sidecars.
- Metadata panel displayed incorrect information after modifying published photo. Please note that this only occurred when metadata was changed after the photo was published.
Get the downloads from the links below: