Sigma issues service advisory, firmware update to fix Live View incompatibility issues with 5Ds/5DsR
posted Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 3:36 PM EST
It appears Tamron isn’t the only lens manufacturer having issues with Canon’s recently-released 5Ds and 5DsR cameras. Sigma has just released a service advisory regarding a firmware update a handful of lenses need to be compatible with the Live View mode in EOS 5Ds and 5DsR cameras.
The incompatibility between a handful of Sigma’s lenses and Canon’s Live View mode first came to light when Canon released its Rebel T6s and Rebel T6i cameras.
The incompatibility meant that the LCD on the back of the DSLRs wasn’t displaying an image when the Live View Mode button was pressed on the camera body. Sigma quickly got to work on a fix and subsequently announced a firmware update that fix the problem.
Thankfully, that same firmware update works with lenses having compatibility issues with Canon’s EOS 5Ds and 5DsR cameras. Sigma says any lenses purchased after May 11th 2015, or already updated to solve the issue with Rebel T6s and Rebel T6i cameras is good to go.
Below are a list of the affected lens models.
- 17–50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM (No. 12651501 or later)
- 18–250mm F3.5–6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM (No. 13044001 or later)
- APO 70–200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM (No. 12713001 or later)
- APO 50–500mm F4.5–6.3 DG OS HSM (No. 12902001 or later)
- 120–300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports (No. 50064494~ 50347793)
- APO 150–500mm F5–6.3 DG OS HSM (No. 12669751 or later)
- 17–70mm F2.8–4 DC MACRO OS HSM (No. 12665001 or later)
- 18–200mm F3.5–6.3 II DC OS HSM (No. 12851001 or later)
- 18–250mm F3.5–6.3 DC OS HSM (No. 12656101 or later)
- APO 50–150mmF2.8 EX DC OS HSM (No. 12839001 or later)
- APO 120–300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM (No. 12676440 or later)
- APO 120–400mm F4.5–5.6 DG OS HSM (No. 12971601 or later)
Sigma asks that owners of the lenses listed above, which neither purchased after May 11th 2015 or haven’t yet had the firmware update from the first time around, contact their nearest authorized SIGMA subsidiary or distributor. The firmware update will be performed free of charge.