Luminar: Macphun announces new all-in-one photo editor for MacOS, aims to simplify and streamline editing
posted Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 6:00 AM EDT
Key features of Luminar include:
- An adaptive, customizable user interface
- More than 50 one-click presets
- More than 35 image enhancement filters
- Batch processing
- Layers with blend modes
- Brushes and selective masking
- Texture overlays
- RAW file conversion
- Noise reduction
- Object and spot removal tools
- Can be operated as standalone or plug-in software (host applications include: Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture and Photos)
The user interface is described as "unique" and offers easy-to-use tools that won't overwhelm new users, while still providing the power demanded by working professionals. The workspace can be simplified to include simple one-click presets but can be enhanced to feature more advanced editing tools such as layers and selective masking. There are also workspaces tailored for specific types of photography, such as "landscape" and "portrait."
Luminar will be available on November 17, but preorders begin on November 2. The preorder price for current Macphun customers is US$50 and includes bonuses. New customers will still receive bonuses, but their price is $60. After the software launches, prices will increase to $60 and $70 respectively. A free trial will be available at launch as well.