Video: How to capture authentic portraits (B&H Event Space)
posted Monday, December 27, 2021 at 7:00 AM EST
Photographer and Sony Artisan of Imagery Chris Orwig recently delivered a nearly two-hour presentation about portraiture as part of the B&H Event Space. Orwig focused on how to capture authentic portraits.
In the presentation below, Orwig discusses numerous topics, including how to build rapport with your subject, evoking emotion in portraits, how to combine skills to capture authentic portraits and he does a Q&A session. Afterward, Orwig goes through some portfolio photos before summing up the presentation.
B&H has many other great videos for photographers aiming to improve their portraits. Check some of those out below:
- 5 Photography Client Management Tips
- How to Make your Subjects Comfortable during a Photoshoot (B&H Event Space)
- Directing and Posing for Headshots – Back to Basics with Peter Hurley
- 5 Corrective Posing Tips with Jerry Ghionis
- How to Photograph Non-Models – 5 Tips with Claudia Paul
- How to Create Compelling Portraits (B&H Event Space)
- Perfect your Portraits with Posing and Lighting (B&H Event Space)