10 out of 10 points and recommendedEasily the sharpest lens I've used, Fast and Quiet Focus, Great build quality, Smooth Focus ring for Video, Great close-focus distance considering the 150MM equivalent focus distancePossibly the Price, Basic Hood should have been included.
Background:reviewed September 9th, 2012
I have the Canon 5D MK II, 35MM 1.4L, 85MM F1.2L, 135MM F2L. I've owned fantastic versions of the 200MM F2.8L, 70-200 EF-S F2.8L II, 24-70, 16-35 . . . I'm a Canon guy. I'm not an elitist but I can say, I'm a fan of good glass.
When I bought the OM-D, I got really excited when this lens was announced. When it finally came in, I was extremely excited and after using it, I'm still incredibly excited to have it.
Here is the actual review part: (i'll make this really short)
- Easily the highest quality optic I've used in the longest time. (even compared to my 85MM F1.2 or 135MM F2)
- Impossibly sharp and insane past F4,. (Thats all I'm going to say about that)
- Great Bokeh and Color, Great Contrast, Decent Flare resistance.
Regarding the Price and Lack of hood:
- I'm not taking away points from the lens because it doesn't come with a hood. If I could score the 'value for money' on this lens it would score 15/10. (5 above 10/10) Its worth it.
- Its more expensive than most other lenses, but it performs way better. Think of the last 135MM lens you bought brand new . . . How much did you spend? This costs less, and delivers way way more. Don't expect filet-mignon for hamburger prices.