The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.
Powered by Coranto
PRESS RELEASE: Zoran Demonstrates New HDTV, DVD, Digital Camera, Multimedia Mobile Phone, Printer and Connected Technologies for Digital Home and Portable Consumer Products
Zoran's CEO Dr. Levy Gerzberg Speaks on First Super Session Panel at CES 2007 "What it takes to Succeed in a Digital Consumer Market Place"
Las Vegas, Nevada - January 5, 2007 - Zoran Corporation (Nasdaq: ZRAN) announced it is demonstrating its newest digital entertainment and digital imaging platforms and technologies for consumer electronics manufacturers building new products for the Digital Home and the Connected Consumer.
In addition, President and CEO Dr. Levy Gerzberg will participate in the "Understanding Consumer Digital Ecosystems: What it takes to Succeed in a Digital Consumer Market Place" discussion during the first Super Session panel scheduled for January 8 from 10:30 to 11:30 am in North Hall, Room N257.
The panel, moderated by Tim Bajarin, president and CEO Creative Strategies, will also include Satjiv Chahil, SVP Global Marketing at Hewlett Packard; David Jaworski, CEO, PassAlong Networks; Eric Kim, SVP & General Manager, Digital Home Group, Intel; and Frans Van Houten, CEO, NPX.
"Zoran technology is the backbone to much of the Consumer Digital Ecosystem. We look forward to hearing from Dr. Gerzberg more about the newest technology for connecting and streaming content between portable handheld devices and televisions in the living room as well as what other exciting products are coming for consumers in 2007," said Mr. Bajarin.
Zoran's new product and technology demonstrations at CES 2007 include the following:
Meetings with Zoran are by appointment in North Hall room N119 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- SupraHD® high definition television designs and set top box products for Asia, Europe and North American markets
- Affordable standard definition digital television and set top box products from Acer, E-tek, Goodmans, Grundig, Homecast, and others powered by Zoran's SupraTV® product family
- DVD Recorder reference designs for Digital Video Broadcast Set-top Boxes, PVRs, DTVs, and new combo products based on Zoran's Activa® 200 family of processors along with new products from Pioneer, Sansui, Thomson/RCA, Toshiba and others.
- Vaddis® DVD multimedia processor enabled products from major manufacturers including new portable and automobile systems.
- Zoran's latest family of APPROACH™ multimedia processors enabling mobile phones with GPS, TV broadcast streaming, 3D games, 5 megapixel digital camera capture, 30 frames per second video, and MPEG4 capture and playback.
- New digital camera designs and new models from Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Samsung, Sony and others using the COACH digital camera processor
- New Quatro®-based All-in-one printers and photo printer reference designs plus new models from Epson, Konica-Minolta, Samsung and others
About Zoran Corporation
Zoran Corporation, based in Sunnyvale, California, is a leading provider of digital solutions in the growing digital entertainment and digital imaging markets. With two decades of expertise developing and delivering digital signal processing technologies, Zoran has pioneered high-performance digital audio and video, imaging applications, and Connect Share Entertain™ technologies for the digital home. Zoran's proficiency in integration delivers major benefits for OEM customers, including greater capabilities within each product generation, reduced system costs, and shorter time to market. Zoran-based DVD, digital camera, DTV, multimedia mobile phone, and multifunction printer products have received recognition for excellence and are now in hundreds of millions of homes and offices worldwide. With headquarters in the U.S. and operations in Canada, China, England, Germany, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan, Zoran may be contacted on the World Wide Web at www.zoran.com or at 408-523-6500.
Zoran, the Zoran logo, Activa, APPROACH, Quatro, SupraHD, SupraTV and Vaddis are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zoran Corporation and its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other names and brands may be claimed as property of others.
(First posted on Friday, January 5, 2007 at 13:39 EST)