PRESS RELEASE: ArcSoft Unveils TotalMedia Extreme With BD Magic
New Connected Blu-ray Player Experience Debuts at CES
FREMONT, Calif. --(Business Wire)-- Jan. 7, 2008 ArcSoft, Inc. and Related Content Database Inc. (RCDB) will present an exclusive demonstration this week at CES of ArcSoft TotalMedia(TM) Extreme with BD Magic(TM), a new connected Blu-ray user experience for BD-Live players. CES attendees will get a first look at this new feature January 7-10 at ArcSoft's display in the Blu-ray Disc Association Pavilion LVVC, South Hall 2, Booth #26102.
BD Magic is an optional Blu-ray player feature that adds both a network content delivery channel and a powerful on-screen personal media library. BD Magic featured players receive updated Blu-ray trailers, Blu-ray sample scenes, and exclusive high-definition content direct to the Blu-ray player.
"ArcSoft TotalMedia Extreme with BD Magic delivers an exciting new way for consumers to discover and enjoy Blu-ray content," said Michael Downs, ArcSoft vice president of marketing and business development. "We are excited to be at the forefront of this new Blu-ray user experience and new business model for Blu-ray player providers."
BD Magic works with both Blu-ray discs and consumers' existing DVD and CD libraries. BD Magic accesses a Gracenote(TM)-powered database of 50,000 DVDs and 3.6 million CDs worldwide to make recommendations and promote new related content.
"Not only does BD Magic bring film, TV and music lovers the latest high-definition video related to their interests, BD Magic turns legacy CDs and DVDs into keys that unlock hours of free high-definition Blu-ray content," said Zane Vella, president of Related Content Database Inc.
ArcSoft(R) TotalMedia Extreme includes:
- ArcSoft TotalMedia(TM) Theatre: For playing back all movie disc formats, including: BD-Live, BD Bonus View, BD-ROM, BD-AV, AVCHD, HD DVD, DVD-Video, VCD, and serving as a universal video/audio player. This program is also available as a stand-alone option.
- ArcSoft TotalMedia(TM) Studio for creating your own high definition movie discs including support for AVCHD camcorders.
- ArcSoft TotalMedia(TM) VR for creating, archiving, and editing personal video content or recorded TV shows in high definition VR format.
- ArcSoft TotalMedia(TM) AVCHD for importing, editing and exporting video content from an AVCHD camcorder supporting optical discs, flash memory and hard disk drives.
- ArcSoft TotalMedia(TM) DVD-VR that allows your disc to contain playlists and chapters in DVD-VR format.
- ArcSoft TotalMedia(TM) Backup for backing up multimedia and all data files.
- ArcSoft TotalMedia(TM) Record, data mastering for burning multimedia or data files.
- ArcSoft Utilities for creating a disc image and saving as a single file for future backup; burning a disc image to a disc; erasing a rewritable disc; and using as a Guide to analyze your system for compatibility with Blu-ray or HD DVD.
ArcSoft, Inc. is an industry leading software developer of multimedia technologies and applications across desktop and embedded platforms. Working closely with major OEM manufacturers, ArcSoft offers a full line of imaging and video solutions that enhance the features, performance, and user experience of mobile phones, digital cameras, optical drives, personal computers, and consumer electronics devices. For further details, visit http://www.arcsoft.com .
About RCDB Inc.
The Related Content Database (RCDB) is a globally accessible merchandising resource for digital music and video retailers. The RCDB makes it easy for users of broadband, mobile, and set-top box services to discover additional content choices that are directly related to their personal media collections. For further details, visit http://www.rcdb.net .
(C) 2008. All rights reserved. ArcSoft and the ArcSoft logo are registered trademarks of ArcSoft, Inc. ArcSoft TotalMedia Extreme is a trademark of ArcSoft, Inc. BD Magic is a trademark of Related Content Database Inc. All other products and companies named herein are trademarks of their respective owners.
(First posted on Monday, January 7, 2008 at 17:03 EST)