PRESS RELEASE: Lexar Leads the Way in 2008 with Broad Range of Advanced Memory Products for Today's Digital Lifestyle
-- Lexar Media Offers New Crucial Solid-State Drives, An Expanded Range of Kodak Products, Plus Innovative New Flash Memory and Mobile Products --
FREMONT, Calif. --(Business Wire)-- Jan. 7, 2008 Lexar Media, Inc. (NYSE:MU), a leading global provider of memory products for digital media, is demonstrating its leadership in advanced digital media technologies with the introduction of a broad range of advanced memory products at CES 2008. These products will help Lexar reach new market segments while answering consumer demand for higher capacities, smaller form factors, and innovative lifestyle features. Lexar Media will showcase its upcoming line of advanced products at its CES Booth #31434 at the LVC South Hall, featuring a variety of lifestyle-oriented demonstration areas united under the banner theme "If It's Important to You, It's Safe With Us." Lexar Media's 2008 introductions include new Crucial-branded solid-state drives (SSDs), Lexar memory cards, and new Kodak-branded flash memory products.
Vice President of Lexar Media Mark Adams noted: "Over the last year, Lexar Media has undergone a major evolutionary growth, leveraging our core strength as a developer of high-quality, reliable flash memory products to emerge as brand partner to some of the world's most respected and well-known product marketers. Through the expansion of our Crucial product offerings to the Solid-State Drive category, our brand relationships with companies like Kodak and Disney, and the continued expansion of our Lexar product line, we are penetrating new and growing markets with a variety of the world's most advanced, feature-driven memory products and technologies."
In the widely varied showcase of exciting new products being demonstrated at Lexar Media's CES booth, the common thread is the company's longtime reputation for reliability, quality, and security in data storage, reflected in the motto: "If It's Important to You, It's Safe With Us." From new SSD products for data-sensitive professionals to its wide range of consumer and enterprise-class USB flash drives, mobile memory cards, and more, there is a clear emphasis on advanced memory solutions that offer key lifestyle benefits and provide users with the confidence and peace of mind that comes from knowing that all their important data is safe with Lexar Media.
A Powerful Range of Brands: Crucial, Kodak, Disney...
At CES, the Lexar Media booth will highlight a variety of new and exciting products from each of its brands, including:
- Crucial Solid-State Drives: Lexar is launching a new line of Crucial solid-state drives (SSDs), available initially in capacities of 32GB and 64GB. The drives feature an industry standard 2.5-inch drive enclosure with a native SATA 3.0Gb/s interface. Crucial SSDs are more durable, require less power, and offer greater overall system performance than traditional hard disk drives. Additionally, Lexar Media offers the Crucial External 2.5 inch Storage Kit and various online customer tools, available at http://www.crucial.com/ssd or http://www.crucial.com/uk/ssd . Product availability is expected in Q1 2008.
- New KODAK microSD(TM) and microSDHC(TM) Mobile Memory Cards: The new KODAK microSD and microSDHC Mobile Memory Cards are introductory products in a new line of KODAK Mobile Memory Cards that address the increasing storage needs of today's feature-rich mobile devices. Using the new cards, users will have a dramatically increased ability to download and store a vast number of photos, videos, music, gaming, and other media files. The KODAK microSD Mobile Memory Card includes free adapters for use in miniSD and SD devices, and the KODAK microSDHC Mobile Memory Card includes a free adapter for use in SDHC devices--allowing users to maximize their memory card investment by using a single card in a variety of devices.
- New 8 GB KODAK SDHC Standard and High Performance SDHC Cards: At CES, Lexar is debuting new 8GB KODAK Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) and 8GB KODAK SDHC High Performance Memory Cards, giving digital camera users a major upgrade in memory capacity and utility options. Both cards are designed for use with SDHC-enabled devices, including digital cameras, MP3 players, and more. The high-speed, high-capacity KODAK SDHC High Performance Memory Cards are ideal for rapid-fire picture taking and capturing TV-quality video with an SDHC-enabled device.
- New Kodak USB Flash Drive: Powered by Lexar, the new Kodak USB Flash Drive includes all the features that have made Lexar JumpDrive(R) USB flash drives popular among today's knowledgeable computer users. Stylish, compact, and reliable, the new Kodak USB Flash Drive lets users easily store, transfer, and carry photos, files, music, and more. In addition, the new Kodak drive is designed for total compatibility with Kodak EASYSHARE Digital Picture Frames--users simply plug the drive directly into the frame to easily view stored photos.
- CES Showcase of Disney my*style USB and SD Products: Lexar recently joined forces with Disney to create a line of Disney my*style USB Flash and SD Card products, which are based on popular Disney blockbusters--High School Musical, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the hit Disney television show Hannah Montana. Products on display at CES will include USB flash drives, fashionable USB bracelets, and SD card multi-packs. All come with preloaded content featuring popular characters, including buddy icons and wallpapers.
About Lexar Media
Lexar Media is a leading marketer and manufacturer of NAND flash and DRAM memory products under the Lexar and Crucial brand names. Lexar Media also sells flash memory products under the Kodak brand. For more information about Lexar Media, visit http://www.lexar.com . For more information about Crucial products, visit http://www.crucial.com, http://www.crucial.com/uk or http://www.crucial.com/eu . Lexar Media, Inc. is a subsidiary of Micron Technology, Inc., and Lexar Media is a division of Micron Europe Limited, a division of Micron Semiconductor Asia Pte. Ltd., and a division of Micron Japan, Ltd.
About Micron Technology, Inc.
Micron Technology, Inc., is one of the world's leading providers of advanced semiconductor solutions. Through its worldwide operations, Micron manufactures and markets DRAMs, NAND flash memory, CMOS image sensors, other semiconductor components, and memory modules for use in leading-edge computing, consumer, networking and mobile products. Micron's common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the MU symbol. To learn more about Micron Technology, Inc., visit http://www.micron.com .
(C) 2008 Lexar Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Information is subject to change without notice. Lexar, the Lexar logo and Jumpdrive are trademarks of Lexar Media, Inc. Micron, Crucial, and the Crucial logo are trademarks of Micron Technology, Inc. Kodak and the Kodak trade dress are trademarks of Kodak used under license. Eastman Kodak Company is an authorized licensee of the SD and xD-Picture Card trademarks. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
This press release contains forward-looking statements regarding the production of Crucial SSD products. Actual events or results may differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Please refer to the documents the Company files on a consolidated basis from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission, specifically the Company's most recent Form 10-K and Form 10-Q. These documents contain and identify important factors that could cause the actual results for the Company on a consolidated basis to differ materially from those contained in our forward-looking statements (see Certain Factors). Although we believe that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot guarantee future results, levels of activity, performance or achievements. We are under no duty to update any of the forward-looking statements after the date of this press release to conform to actual results.
(First posted on Tuesday, January 8, 2008 at 16:04 EST)