|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
Powered by Coranto
PRESS RELEASE: New Toshiba PDR-3320 3.2 Megapixel Digital Camera Offers Consumers Best Value in Three-Megapixel Class
IRVINE, CA, September 17, 2002 - Toshiba Imaging Systems, a division of Toshiba American Information Systems, today introduced its new PDR-3320, a pocket-sized, full-featured 3.2 megapixel camera perfect for digital imaging enthusiasts demanding value, stylish design and dynamic, eye-catching photographs.
Building on Toshiba's award-winning PDR-M25 camera design, the new PDR-3320 features an impressive array of technologies to achieve superior picture taking, including an advanced 3.2 Megapixel CCD for high-resolution photos up to 2048 x 1536, an all-glass, aspherical 3X optical zoom lens (equivalent to a 38-114mm lens on a 35mm camera) with built-in macro capability, plus an optional mounting system for third-party filters or wide-angle lenses on the lens barrel.
"The PDR-3320 ideally meets the needs of today's tech-savvy buyer with an unprecedented value proposition and a feature-rich, easy-to-use design," said Doug Freck, Vice President and General Manager, Toshiba Imaging Systems.
PRICING, AVAILABILITY AND FEATURES
As with all Toshiba digital cameras, the PDR-3320 is compatible with both PC and Mac computers and ships with a complete suite of customized software for each platform. It will hit retail selves in October with an MSRP of $329, just in time for holiday shopping. Key features of the PDR-3320 are:
The PDR-3320 camera ships with a 8MB SmartMedia® card, and features ACD Systems software to assure users have a comprehensive solution to downloading, editing, printing and e-mailing photos. Other accessories are a soft case, a wrist strap, a protective lens cap, an instruction manual on CD, a USB cable, a Video cable (PAL/NTSC), and 4x Alkaline AA batteries.
- A precision 2X digital telephoto that when used in conjunction with the 3X optical zoom assures great pictures from any distance (total 6X), whether it's a close-up, an action shot or a sweeping landscape.
- The 1.5-inch high-resolution color LCD provides instant preview and review of photos. Playback options are a slide show or a nine-picture thumbnail function, plus a 3X digital playback-zoom so users can zero in on targeted areas within a picture.
- Flexibility to save JPEG images at three compression levels (fine, normal and basic) and two resolutions (2048 x 1536, 1024 x 768). Depending on the compression and resolution selected for use with the included SmartMedia® 8MB card, up to 75 images can be recorded. To further increase storage capabilities, the PDR-M25 accepts SmartMedia card up to 128MB.
- The built-in flash is effective to a distance of 8 feet, and features five modes: automatic, red-eye reduction, off, fill-in flash and slow synch, to meet the criteria of a broad range of lighting environments while enhancing user creativity.
- To achieve professional-level performance plus offer unmatched ease-of-use, the PDR-3320 boasts fast and accurate auto focusing, auto white balance (with manual overrides), and intuitive navigation and default features that take the guesswork out of using a digital camera. For the ultimate in convenience and photographic results, the camera uses a programmed auto exposure (AE) mode that automatically selects the best aperture and shutter speed for any given scene.
- Designed for users with active lifestyles, the high-grade, rugged body showcases the PDR-3320's digital attributes in a compact, easy to carry form factor. Ergonomic curves and contemporary center-lens styling are highlighted in the pocket-sized dimensions (4.1" x 2.6" x2.2"). The camera weighs a mere 8oz (w/o batteries).
For more information, U.S. customers can call 1-800-288-1354. Fax, 1-800-640-8674. Or visit Toshiba on the Web at www.dsc.toshiba.com. Consumers are encouraged to visit www.shoptoshiba.com for on-line shopping.
ABOUT TOSHIBA IMAGING SYSTEMS
Toshiba Imaging Systems is a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. providing advanced imaging solutions to the consumer, industrial, medical and security markets. Products include digital still cameras, microminiature CCD cameras, monitors, timelapse VCRs, digital video recorders, and CCTV cameras.
ABOUT TOSHIBA AMERICA INFORMATION SYSTEMS
With headquarters in Irvine, Toshiba America Information Systems, (TAIS) is comprised of multiple divisions that provide computer, communications and imaging products and services.
Products include industry leading portable computers, PDAs, mobile computing accessories, servers, including communications and portable servers, storage subsystems, cable modems, digital business telephone systems, voice mail, digital cameras, security systems and projectors.
TAIS provides sales, marketing, services and manufacturing for its wide range of information products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corp., which is a world leader in high-technology and integrated manufacturing of electrical and electronic components, products and systems.
Toshiba has global sales of more than $50 billion and more than 300 subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.
Toshiba America Information Systems Inc.