Pentax announces binocular/digicam combo!|
Michael R. Tomkins, The Imaging Resource
(Monday, February 18, 2002 - 18:06 EST)
Our friends in Holland get the scoop on an interesting new gadget that's on the way...
The folks over at LetsGoDigital.nl have just posted the first news we've seen of an interesting-sounding gadget coming from Pentax. The Digibino DB100 combines a pair of binoculars with a digital camera. Highlights of the design are as follows:
For more, visit the LetsGoDigital.nl article.
- 1/3" 800,000 pixel progressive scan CCD image sensor
- Built-in 1.6" LCD display and twin binocular-style lenses (LCD used for image framing and review)
- 7x zoom equivalent to 40 - 280mm on a 35mm camera (unclear if this is optical, digital or a combination of both)
- Manual focus, minimum focusing distance of 2 meters
- 16MB Flash memory built-in (stores up to 100 JPEG images)
- USB connectivity
- Video out connectivity
- Auto exposure and white balance
- Shutter speeds from 1/8000 (!) to 1/30 second
- Burst mode of 5 frames per second up to 10 frames
- Powered by two AA Lithium or NiMH batteries, or CR-V3 Lithium battery.