FUJIFILM EXPANDS ITS ENTRY-LEVEL DIGITAL CAMERA OFFERING WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE FINEPIX A600
Valhalla, NY, February 14, 2006 – Fujifilm is expanding its A-Series digital camera offering with today’s announcement of the FinePix A600. The FinePix A600 joins the FinePix A400 and FinePix A500 -- digital cameras announced last month at the 2006 International Consumer Electronics Show – in Fujifilm’s entry-level digicam line-up.
Fujifilm’s A-Series cameras are ideal for the first-time digital camera buyer or any photographer who craves simplicity without sacrificing image quality. The big news in Fujifilm’s A-Series digital cameras for 2006 is Fujifilm’s decision to include the award winning* Super CCD sensor into these models. Seven years ago Fujifilm set itself apart from other manufacturers by introducing its own image sensor, the Super CCD. Using the human eye as a model and mimicking the way it functions, Super CCD enhances vertical and horizontal resolution, improves color reproduction, widens dynamic range and increases signal-to-noise ratios and light sensitivities. All of these factors play important roles in the production of higher-quality digital pictures.
In addition to the Super CCD sensor, Fujifilm’s FinePix A600 digital camera includes the following desirable features:
• A 6.3 MegaPixel Super CCD HR sensor for first rate digital photos
• A 3x Fujinon Zoom Lens. Fujinon, a Fujifilm sister company, is a world leader in lens technology. Broadcasters, astronomers, scientists and the military all use Fujinon optics. The FinePix A600 digital camera has a sharp, 3x optical zoom lens manufactured by Fujinon.
• A 2.4-inch LCD display. The screen’s anti-glare coating improves LCD viewing in direct light.
• Internal memory. This is a great safety net for FinePix A400 and FinePix A500 users. They can fill up their xD Picture card and have the security of knowing some extra space is tucked away for those unexpected picture moments.
• Four scene modes: portrait, landscape, sport and night. These scene modes are great aids in getting the best picture quality in challenging photo situations.
• AA Batteries. Two AA batteries power the FinePix A600. This is yet another convenience for the user since AA batteries are readily available.
• Price and availability. The FinePix A600 is available June 2006 at a retail cost of $249.
Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. is a subsidiary of Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. and delivers technology solutions to meet the imaging and information needs of retailers, consumers, professionals and business customers. As a global leader in digital imaging, Fujifilm pioneered the development of digital medical systems, and today is the leader in digital minilab systems. The company was ranked number 15 for U.S. patents granted during 2004, employs more than 75,000 people worldwide and in the year ending March 31, 2005, had global revenues of more than $23.6 billion.
In the United States, Fujifilm is a leader in delivering high quality, easy-to-use imaging and information solutions in the following categories: Digital Imaging Systems, Film and Imaging Systems, Recording/Storage Media, Motion Picture Film, Graphic Arts and Printing Systems and Medical Imaging and Diagnostics Systems. Fujifilm is an environmentally friendly, humane enterprise and an exemplary corporate citizen.
For more information on Fujifilm products, consumers can call 800-800-FUJI or access the Fujifilm USA Web site at www.fujifilm.com.
Consumers also can receive news and information direct from Fujifilm USA via RSS. Subscription is free at
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
*IEEE’s Walter Kosonocky Award for Outstanding Achievement in Image Sensor Technology.