|OLYMPUS AMERICA REDESIGNS CONSUMER WEB SITE "JUST IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS"|
MELVILLE, NY - December 3, 2001 - As a market leader in digital cameras, film cameras and other consumer products, Olympus wants to provide Web site visitors with comprehensive information about its products and services. Visitors to the Olympus America Web site will find the newly redesigned Consumer section to be more informative and easier to use. This new section can be accessed at: http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_home.asp.
The site redesign is part of an advertising initiative that is the biggest in the company's 82-year history. With the theme "Nothing's impossible" the campaign illustrates how the innovative design and technology of Olympus products allows consumers to do things they didn't think were possible-and to do them easily. The launch comes just in time for the holidays when Olympus products represent attractive gift ideas.
On the newly designed site, visitors can:
Visit the Olympus site now to check out the new design and features: http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_home.asp.
- Get comprehensive product information, from succinct key features and benefits to detailed specifications. Some products have 3D product simulations and multiple products can be compared to find the best product for a consumer's needs including film cameras and digital cameras.
- An "Advice for Buying" section allows consumers to determine what product makes the most sense for them with the assistance of easy-to-understand product information and helpful tips. Olympus makes it easy to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list.
- Find information about where to buy Olympus products, including a local store finder by zip code and links to authorized Olympus e-tailers.
- Get after-sale support, including online product registration, software downloads, repair service, brochures and instruction manuals and answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Have fun-by sending free e-postcards, entering photo contests and communicating with other Olympus enthusiasts on the Olympus digital cameras and printers Message Board.
- Learn about exciting promotions of various products.
Based in Melville, New York, Olympus America distributes a wide range of products for consumer, scientific, health care, commercial and industrial markets. These include film and filmless cameras, Microcassette and digital voice recorders, binoculars, film scanners, personal photo printers, medical and industrial endoscopes, biological and metallurgical microscopes and measuring instruments, clinical analyzers, and other high technology products. Olympus America is responsible for sales in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America.
# # #