2003 CES 'Innovations' announced|
(Thursday, January 2, 2003 - 19:36 EST)
The Consumer Electronics Association has now announced the results of an award program that it has held for the last 7 years alongside the annual Consumer Electronics Show.
Thirty "prominent industry experts" with advisory help from the Industrial Designers Society of America evaluated products on criteria including "value to user, aesthetics, contributions to the quality of life as well as the product's innovative qualities". No digital cameras were "Best of Innovations" winners in the "Innovations 2003 Design & Engineering Awards Program", which is in its sixth year. Two products which were winners might be of interest to our readers, however; Hewlett Packard Co.'s HP Scanjet 5500c scanner, and Samsung Telecommunications' SGH v205 mobile phone with built-in digital camera.
A number of digicams were given "Design & Engineering Showcase Honors"; these included the following:
Also included were two of HP's photo printers, another HP scanner, and two of Sony's camcorders. For the full list, visit the CES Website. The honorees and award winners will be on display at the 2003 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada starting January 9th.
- Minolta Corporation - Minolta DiMAGE Xi
- Casio Inc. - 2.0 Megapixel EXILIM Digital Camera
- Casio Inc. - 4.0 Megapixel Mini Digital Camera
- Hewlett Packard Co. - HP Photosmart 850 digital camera
- Panasonic - Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC40 Digital Camera
- Sony Electronics Inc. - Cyber-shot DSC-F717
- Sony Electronics Inc. - Cyber-shot DSC-U20