Firewire Depot Introduces 6-in-1 USB 2.0 Card Reader|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Tuesday, July 1, 2003 - 10:30 EDT)
The $30 reader supports CompactFlash, SmartMedia ,IBM Microdrive, MemoryStick, MultiMedia-Card and Secure Digital cards.
FireWire Depot has introduced the DB-35U6in1, a USB to 6-in-1 card reader for CompactFlash, SmartMedia, IBM Microdrive, MemoryStick , MultiMedia-Card and Secure Digital cards. The $29.95 reader supports Linux, Macintosh and Windows operating systems and is "full-speed compliant" for both USB 1.1 and 2.0.
Four slots are used to accommodate the various card form factors. One slot is shared for MMC and SD cards and another for CompactFlash and IBM Microdrives. Cards can be mounted simultaneous and copied to and from each other.
- Advanced power management scheme
- Allows hot swapping for all cards
- Automatic card removal and insertion detection
- Busy/Ready LEDs
- Card insertion detection LEDs
- Dimension: 3.5" bay compatible
- Driver available for Window 2000, Window 98 SE and MAC OS
- Instant connection to computer through USB port on the motherboard
- No driver installation for Windows ME, Windows XP and Windows 2000 with SP-3
- Supports inter-copying among all cards
- Supports OS "native" Mass Storage Class
- Drivers Supports Linux Kernel 2.4.X or later
- Supports USB Boot
- True Plug and Play
- Unique icon display for each card drive
- USB 1.1 Full Speed/USB 2.0 Full Speed compliant
- USB bus powered (no external power required)
- USB Mass Storage Class Compliant
OPERATING SYSTEM SUPPORT
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
- Windows ME
- Windows 98
- Mac OS
- DB35U6in1 Memory Card Reader
- Screws for securing into 3.5" FDD dock.
- A-to-5pin USB 2.0 cable 0.6m length for external usage.
- 4pin-to-5pin USB 2.0 cable 0.6m length.for Desktop internal usage.
- Drivers for Window 2000, Window 98 SE & MAC OS
- Installation Guide
For more information, visit the FireWire Depot product page.