|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
Powered by Coranto
PRESS RELEASE: InterVideo Announces WinDVD Creator Platinum 2
Combines Impressive Roster of Advanced Features for Capturing, Editing, Authoring and Burning in a Single, Integrated Solution
NEW YORK CITY - July 9, 2003 --InterVideo, Inc. announced today the release of WinDVD™ Creator Platinum 2, an integrated software solution that eliminates the need to switch between video editing, authoring and burning software programs, reduces wait times and addresses consumer compatibility issues. Designed to take the confusion and frustration out of movie-making, WinDVD Creator Platinum 2 provides a single, user-friendly interface for capturing, editing, authoring and burning videos to DVDs and CDs. WinDVD Creator Platinum 2 is integrated with an impressive array of advanced features but is priced significantly lower than other products with comparable features. InterVideo will be demonstrating WinDVD Creator Platinum 2 in Booth #357 during DV Expo at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City this week.
"WinDVD Creator Platinum 2 was developed to meet the needs of consumers and businesses that want a faster, easier way to create videos they can be proud of-people who want to enjoy and share their videos as quickly as possible," said Steve Ro, CEO and founder of InterVideo. "With InterVideo's Direct Recording Technology, they can record video from their camcorder directly to a disc without having to wait while the video is transferred to their PC's hard drive and without having to edit the video. If they decide to edit their video to add titles, transitions, effects, background music, or DVD menus, InterVideo's proprietary Unipass™ technology speeds the process by combining video editing and DVD creation into a single, time-saving step."
InterVideo's WinDVD Creator Platinum 2 takes the mystery out of movie-making by guiding users through video capture, editing, authoring and burning the video as a DVD (DVD+/-VR, DVD-Video, miniDVD, VCD, SVCD, DivX®, CD) movie. With the Designer Menu Templates that are included, even a novice can create videos with a professional look.
WinDVD Creator Platinum 2 is designed to support all CD and DVD formats to eliminate confusion over formats and compatibility. DVDs created with WinDVD Creator Platinum 2 will automatically play on consumer electronics players or recorders with support for DVD +/-VR and the DVD Video Format. Broad compatibility gives users playback flexibility-they can view their videos on PCs, laptops and TVs equipped with a DVD player or recorder. WinDVD Creator Platinum 2 can even be used to convert DVD-VR discs into DVD-Video, a popular format for set-top DVD players.
In addition to delivering premium-quality DVDs with video and audio that is cleaner, crisper and sharper, WinDVD Creator Platinum 2 includes many features that aren't currently available with competitor products:
Pricing and Availability
- Dolby® Digital Support: Advanced, high-quality audio.
- DivX Support: Supports importing and exporting high-quality, compressed video in the DivX format.
- OnDiscEditing: Users can delete, append or record over titles without writing, rendering and rewriting the entire disc. DVD+VR can be used on DVD-RW discs.
- Instant Playback of Edits: Users can preview their changes without having to wait while the video is rendered.
- Adaptive Smart Rendering: WinDVD Creator Platinum 2 reduces wait time by not re-rendering content that hasn't changed. For example, it will smart-render video when there has only been a change in the audio, such as when you have video from your DV camera and add a new audio track - no need to re-render the video again.
- Advanced Scene Editing: Record favorite TV Shows and cut out the commercials or delete sections of home movies on the time-line. With WinDVD Creator Platinum 2, users are not limited to editing at the beginning and end of their clips, they can cut sections from the middle.
- Photo Slide Shows: Create slide shows and albums that incorporate both photos and images captured from video clips. Burn them for sharing-not only on DVDs, but on CDs as VCD and SVCD files.
WinDVD Creator Platinum 2 will be available at InterVideo's web site, www.intervideo.com, mid-July with an MSRP of $99.95 and will be in leading retail stores shortly thereafter. WinDVD Creator Platinum 2 is compatible with Microsoft Windows® 98 SE/2000/Me/XP.
About InterVideo, Inc.
InterVideo is a leading provider of DVD software. InterVideo has developed a technology platform from which it has created a broad suite of integrated multimedia software products that allow users to capture, edit, author, burn, distribute, and play digital video. InterVideo's software is bundled with products sold by the majority of the top ten PC OEMs ranked in terms of sales by IDC, as derived from the IDC Worldwide Quarterly PC Tracker, March 2003. The company is headquartered in Fremont, CA with regional offices in Europe, Taiwan, China and Japan. For more information, contact InterVideo at 510/651-0888 or visit the company's Web site at www.intervideo.com.
InterVideo and WinDVD are registered trademarks and WinDVD Creator is a trademark of InterVideo, Inc. DivX® is a registered trademark of DivXNetworks, Inc. Dolby is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
(First posted on Friday, July 11, 2003 at 14:15 EDT)