PRESS RELEASE: Magix Announces Photo Cleaning Lab
February 9, 2004, Miami Beach, FL - MAGIX, the award-winning technology leader in Personal Rich Media, announced today MAGIX Photo Cleaning Lab, the 'must-have' digital camera accessory that quickly repairs, organizes and preserves the thousands of digital images collected by photographers and consumers. Priced at only $49.99, MAGIX Photo Cleaning Lab includes real-time image correction, high-speed photo management, instant album creation, accelerated image explorer, photo printing, CD archiving and a powerful image editor in one easy-to-use program.
MAGIX Photo Cleaning Lab instantly resizes and restores digital photos, making it essential software for any photographer. Efficient batch-processing enables users to change entire folders of pictures to a different image format and resizes for printing, emailing or posting to a webpage. Exposure, focus, color correction and 'red-eye' reduction tasks are performed instantly-- even while the photos playback in a slideshow.
The task of locating the exact shot is fast and effortless with MAGIX Photo Cleaning Lab. An accelerated search function finds images anywhere they are - computer, digicam, or scanner - and displays them in seconds for easy sorting. Users can choose to view the photos full screen, as thumbnails, or in an instant slideshow with music. Automatic categorizing enables users to instantly organize their photo collection, or they can choose to sort photos into custom categories to create a personalized database.
Damaged, scratched, torn or spotted photos can be quickly repaired with the included MAGIX Photo Clinic 3.0, a sophisticated 24-bit image editor. MAGIX Photo Clinic 3.0 enables users to create a panorama or montage, add professional touches such as special artistic effects or apply more detailed refinements to get the most from their image collection.
MAGIX Photo Cleaning Lab provides a variety of ways to share images. Consumers can create interactive photo albums, screensavers and photoshows with a mouse click and burn them on CD for sharing or archiving, or they can instantly resize the pictures for printing posters and contact prints.
MAGIX Photo Cleaning Lab for Windows® will be available in late February 2004 through major retailers for $49.99 SRP. For more information, visit www.magix.com or call 888-866-2449.
MAGIX Photo Cleaning Lab Features Include:
Import and View:
- Instant Display: View all images in database without long loading times
- Extensive Format Support:
- Photo and Image Formats: Import/Export JPG, BMP, TIFF (both uncompressed & JPG-compressed), PSD, RLE, PNG, TGA, PCX
- Video Formats: Import/Export AVI, WMV 9, MOV, MJPEG. Export Real Helix
- Music Formats: Import Audio CD, MP3, OGG, WAV, sound captured by digital camera
- Multiple Display Options: Full screen, thumbnail and instant slideshow
Manage and Organize:
- Intuitive Database
- Automatic Cataloging During Viewing
- Thematic Sorting
- Accelerated Search
- Interactive Photo Albums: Including videos and music
- Easy Batch Processing: Quickly add titles, resize, convert formats or copy folders of photos simultaneously
Retouch and Improve:
- Automatic Enhancement: Corrects brightness, contrast, color
- Easy Optimization: Crop, rotate, change size or colors, zoom
- Special Effects: Red-eye reduction, horizon leveling, trimming
Edit and Design:
- Create Panorama or Collage
- Remove Scratches, Tears, Spots
- Over 40 Special Image Effects: Includes Cartoon, Oil Painting, Distortion, Blur and more
Create and Present:
- Photoshows: Save as screensavers, one-click executable shows for email or CD and videos that play in the background on your PC desktop
- Prints: All standard size formats, poster prints and contact prints
Preserve and Burn CDs:
- Burn Photo CD-ROMs: Archive photos collection onto CD-ROM
- Create Photoshow CDs: Burn interactive photo albums with transitions, music and player software onto CD for sharing
MAGIX is the market leader of video editing and music software worldwide. In addition to its full line of Personal Rich Media products, MAGIX offers its professional applications, Samplitude and Sequoia, to audio production studios and broadcast stations. MAGIX is the worldwide technology leader in Personal Rich Media. Personal Rich Media allows consumers to convert, edit, create and publish digital media, including video, photos and music, making it possible for users of all ages and experience levels to create, share and publish their own rich media content. MAGIX, and its worldwide subsidiaries, is the only international company to offer a full range of photo, video and audio solutions for broadband, B2B and consumer markets. According to combined retail sales of PC software in Europe and North America for 2002 and 2003 as reported by NPD Charts USA, Media Control Charts Non-Games GAS; GFK Charts Non-Games Benelux and France; Future Retail Panel UK, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia.
(First posted on Monday, February 9, 2004 at 15:22 EST)