Original Source Press Release:
Pixingo PhotoFirst updated to v1.1|
(Wednesday, June 9, 2004 - 17:29 EDT)
A press release from Groton, MA-based Pixingo LLC today alerted us to a new version of the company's PhotoFirst software.
Initially released last October, PhotoFirst is a Mac OS X-only imaging utility aimed at professional photographers. Among many other features, the program offers RAW conversion for images captured with the Canon EOS-1D, EOS-1Ds, EOS D30, EOS D60, and EOS 10D; Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro; Minolta DiMAGE 7; Nikon D1, D100, D1H, and D1X; Olympus Camedia E20; and Sigma SD9. Further support is planned for the Kodak Professional DCS PRO 14n;, Nikon D2H, and Olympus E1 cameras. The program also helps you track and report on your time and job completion, as well as organise, compare, annotate, and enhance your images. Finally, the program's output features let you export web photo galleries, create proof sheets, and create color managed 8 and 16 bit output files with copyright and other information embedded.
A list of changes in the new v1.1 release is in the press release below. A downloadable version of Pixingo PhotoFirst for Mac OS X costs $125, while a version on CD with a printed manual costs $150.
A Windows XP version of PhotoFirst is planned, but not yet available.
Powered by Coranto
|Pixingo releases PhotoFirst Mac OS X Edition version 1.1|
PhotoFirst is a fully integrated application that takes the drudgery out of organizing, annotating, RAW converting, comparing, enhancing, and creating professional quality, client-ready output from digital photographs. It dramatically simplifies and reduces the time you spend on digital post-production and is designed to work with hundreds of digital photos at a time. PhotoFirst enables you to create client-ready deliverables from your digital photos - faster, more efficiently, and with total confidence that you are presenting your best work.
What's new in this version:
- A new command to actually delete unwanted photos. However, this feature can be password protected to prevent accidental deletions.
- Apply an adjustment curve to any number of photos instantaneously with the new Batch Apply Curve
- New Batch menu includes commands for batch applying a curve, RAW processing settings, renumbering Photo IDs, and deleting unused photos.
- New Add Photos... command adds photos from all nested Folders. New exposure adjustment for RAW photos with live histogram feedback.
- Improved Nikon D1X processing.
- Usability updates include double-clicking on a thumbnail to view the full size photo, maintaining current photo as you switch from task to task, display original filename along with Photo ID, and a new Effects Curves user interface.
- A powerful new draft mode for working with 100s of RAW images efficiently. This feature allows you to specify the size of the processed RAW images while you screen and enhance them - significantly decreasing disk usage and improving performance.
- Improved overall performance.