|Sony Introduces One-inch Removable Hard Disk Drive, Available In 2 GB And 4 GB Capacities|
PARK RIDGE, N.J., Nov. 22, 2004 -- Rounding out its line of removable media, Sony Electronics is introducing the Sony Microdrive®, a one-inch removable hard disk drive that will meet the increasing storage needs of many portable digital devices such as digital cameras and PDAs.
Designed to fit the Compact Flash+ Type II interface, Sony Microdrive offers a cost-effective solution for expanding consumer storage needs such as high-resolution digital photos and MPEG video. Microdrive also features a high-performance 97.9 Mbps data transfer rate to accommodate rapid shooting and moving picture data.
"As consumer data storage needs become more diverse and demanding, we aim to provide a full range of removable storage solutions," said Michael Lucas, director of consumer and convergent media for Sony Electronics' Media and Applications Solutions Division. "Many consumers are expecting a lot more from their devices, and Microdrive adds another format to our line of high performance media solutions that will help carry these devices to the next level of applications."
Sony Microdrive will be available in 2 GB and 4 GB capacities. Both are compatible to the Compact Flash+ Type II Standard. With a PC adapter, the Microdrive can also be used in devices that have a PC card type II slot (Windows Me, 2000 or XP are required for use with PC).
The Sony 2 GB Microdrive (Model RHMD2G) is available now for a suggested retail price of $179, and the 4 GB Microdrive (Model RHMD4G) is available for a suggested retail price of $279.
* Note: "GB" means one billion bytes when referring to hard drive capacity. Accessible capacity may vary.
- Capacity: 2 GB* and 4 GB*
- Interface: CF+ Type II Micro Drive (ATA Compatible with AV Mode)
- Data Transfer Rate: 97.9 Mbps
- Voltage: 2 GB: 3.3 Volts; 4 GB: 5 Volts
- Dimensions: Approximate 1.75 inches wide x 1.5 inches high
- Temperature: O degrees to 35 degrees C; 32 to 67 degrees F
- Humidity: 8 percent to 90 percent
# # #