DxO extends support for Canon cameras|
(Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 16:18 EST)
French software company DxO Labs has announced that its DxO Optics Pro software has been updated to extend support for Canon's line of digital SLRs.
If you're not familiar with DxO Optics Pro, you might want to read our in-depth coverage from shortly after it was announced at this year's PMA show in Las Vegas. Imaging Resource Publisher Dave Etchells was definitely impressed by the sample images DO Labs provided, describing DxO Optics Pro as "the most significant product shown at PMA 2004".
In brief, though, DxO Optics Pro relies on carefully controlled analysis of camera bodies and lenses by DO Labs. The result is a set of camera body and lens correction modules, which can be used to correct softness, distortion, chromatic aberration, and vignetting in digital images using a particular combination of camera body and lens.
Users of Canon's EOS 10D digital SLR will now find their camera supported by DxO's RAW Engine, allowing for correction of RAW files from the camera when using the following lenses:
DxO has also released eleven new correction modules for various lenses used in combination with the EOS 20D digital SLR, including the EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens. Finally, the Canon EF75-300 mm f/4-5.6 III USM (also I USM and II USM) lenses are now supported when used with the Canon EOS Digital Rebel / EOS 300D.
- Sigma 15mm f/2.8 EX Diagonal Fisheye
- Canon EF15mm f/2.8 Fisheye
- Canon EF50mm f/1.4 USM
- Canon EF85mm f/1.2L USM
- Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DG
- Canon EF16-35mm f/2.8L USM
- Canon EF17-40mm f/4L USM
- Sigma 18-125mm f/3.5-5.6 DC
- Canon EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM
- Canon EF28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM (I or II)
- Canon EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
- Tamron AF28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 XR (or XR Di)
- Canon EF70-200mm f/2.8L USM (non IS)
- Canon EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
- Canon EF70-200mm f/4L USM
For more details, visit DxO's website.