Olympus updates Studio software|
(Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 19:03 EST)
Olympus America has released an updated version of its Studio software for the E-series digital cameras.
Olympus Studio 1.2 adds support for the new E-300 digital SLR, as well as a number of tweaks to raw file development. The complete list of changes and notes courtesy of Olympus, as compared to Studio 1.11, is as follows:
The update and a firmware update manual can be downloaded from Olympus' website.
- Support for E-300.
- RAW development now features Noise Cancellation and False Color Suppression.
- New Auto Tone Correction feature.
- There is now a single RAW development screen for all camera models, improving ease of use.
- The new built-in RAW development engine improves the speed of RAW development.
- The RAW development settings for OLYMPUS Studio 1.2 are different than versions 1.11 and earlier. Note the settings available on the camera itself are different from the RAW development setting values.
- The "Noise Filter" RAW development setting on OLYMPUS Studio 1.11 and earlier is now automatically adjusted to an appropriate value.
- QuickTime 6 or higher must be installed for use with the Macintosh.
- The E-300 firmware update feature is not supported in Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X 10.1.x.