PRESS RELEASE: Konica Minolta's Dimage Scan Elite 5400 II Film Scanner Receives Top 2005 Honor
Mahwah, NJ (April 27, 2005) – Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc. announces that the new Konica Minolta DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400 II film scanner has won the Technical Image Press Association (TIPA) Award for “Best Film Scanner” in Europe for the year 2005.
“This award is especially significant because it recognizes Konica Minolta’s commitment to producing the highest quality photography products for consumers and professionals,” said Todd Schrader, senior vice president of sales and marketing for Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc. “We are honored that TIPA has selected the affordable new DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400 II as a superior imaging product throughout Europe.”
According to TIPA, the award for “Best Film Scanner” went to the DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400 II because it “combines the best of propriety technologies from both Konica and Minolta. It improves color reproduction of negative film scans with a new Film Expert Algorithm developed with photofinishing technology. In addition, this scanner features 16-bit A/D conversion, Digital ICE4 and Pixel Polish for automatic, high quality image corrections. The result is a ‘Best Film Scanner 2005’ winner, that provides the image quality photo enthusiasts and professionals demand.”
DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400 II Major Features
- Delivers 42.2 megapixels thanks to a high performance 5400 dpi 3-line color CCD.
- Film Expert Algorithm for improving color reproduction of negative film
- Quick Scan System for a faster workflow
- High speed scanning at 25 seconds* per frame even at 5400 dpi resolution
- Auto Loading Index that automatically starts index scanning when a film holder is loaded
- High Speed Preview to instantly display enlarged preview images
- High speed auto focus
- 16-bit A/D conversion (dynamic range of 4.8)
- Multi-sample scanning for reducing random noise
- Digital ICE4 to greatly increase work efficiency (Digital ICE for Dust & Scratch Removal, Digital ROC for Color Restoration, Digital GEM for Film Grain Management, and Digital SHO for Shadow & Highlight Optimization)
- Pixel Polish for various automatic image correction
- Quick Scan button that continuously scans 6 frames with a single press
- Manual Focus dial for adjusting focus as one desires
- 3 driver software programs to choose from
- Easy Scan Utility for easy 3-step scanning
- Batch Scan Utility for large volume scanning with less work
- DiMAGE Scan Utility for detailed image correction
- Master Setup that allows users to save and load all settings such as image correction, Digital ICE4 and others
- Edge-to-edge full frame scanning thanks to a new film holder that enables a 100% field of view.
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 interface
*Based on Konica Minolta’s standard test method under Windows environments.
Scan time under Macintosh environments is approximately 30 seconds per frame.
Technical Image Press Association (TIPA)
The TIPA European Photo & Imaging Award winners are chosen by a group of editors and technical editors representing 31 European photography and imaging magazines from 12 European countries. All are members of the TIPA, which is an independent, non-profit organization open to all European magazines in the photography publishing industry. Previous winning photo equipment from Minolta were the Maxxum 700si (‘94-’95), Maxxum 600si (‘95-’96), Maxxum HTsi (‘98-’99), Minolta Vectis 2000 (2000-2001), Minolta DiMAGE 7 (2001-2002), Maxxum 7 (2001-2002), Minolta DiMAGE X and Maxxum 5 (2002-2003), DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400 (2003-2004), and DiMAGE A2 (2004).
About Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc.
Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc., headquartered in Mahwah, NJ, is the North American sales and marketing subsidiary of Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc. (Tokyo, Japan). On August 5, 2003 Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc. was formed to enhance both the competitive business capabilities and earning capacities of Konica Corporation and Minolta Co., Ltd.
Consumers around the world have come to know and trust the Konica and Minolta brands for all their imaging needs. Since the earliest days of the photo industry, Minolta and Konica have applied their talents and resources to create products and services that are essential to the world of imaging. Today, these efforts concentrate on the most important aspects of imaging: the quality of the images, the tools and methods for creating images, and the creation of environments for the application of images.
This focus on the essentials of imaging ties together the company’s key business and consumer product lines. Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of 35mm and Advanced Photo System film, single-use cameras, digital and 35mm film cameras, accessory lenses, binoculars, photographic and color measurement meters. In addition the company offers color print photo papers, inkjet photo paper, digital minilabs, digital film scanners, optical instruments, software and advanced imaging and sensing technologies. Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc. also provides wholesale photofinishing services and Internet imaging services. It is a complete imaging company, from input through output.
For more information about Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc., its products and services, visit www.kmpi.konicaminolta.us.
All brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
# # # # #
(First posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 at 01:03 EDT)